blanay taking it day by day | The Boneyard

blanay taking it day by day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only game I watched in person so far this year was the NC State game in the Garden. George was the only assistant coach not involved in the huddles and wandering outside. It looked like the poor guy didn't even know where he was. That being said I appreciate him a hell of a lot and I hope he sticks around.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My dream is to have Blaney retire at season's end with Donyell Marshall replacing him.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there talk that when KO first got hired that when he got an extension he would bring in a (former) asst. coach from the T Wolves(?) who was a great recruiter for 2013-2014?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Nothing but gratitude in regards to Blaney from this fan.

He's done way more than his share over the years. He was JC's right hand man for the best parts of JC's career. He was a steadying influence and the kids loved him.

Only Blaney will know when it is the right time for Blaney to retire, and I think I want him to decide that on his own.

Reaction Score
We need a big time recruiter

Hobbs used to be a bigtime recruiter for Calhoun on his first go round. He brought in a lot of talent to GW as well.

Reaction Score
I agree, but another would not hurt. Someone who is still connected with aau

C

Chief00

I liked what Hobbs said to the Miami HS coach of the Big we are recruiting. First he kind of complimented the coach how they use Bigs off of screens then he said UConn does the same so it would be a great transition to college. Hobbs push a few buttons in one comment. He knows what he is doing - believe me.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Blaney could have went out with JC and no one would have blamed him for that. In fact it would have been understood. The fact that he stayed on and not retire, makes me respect him that much more. His presence this year added stability to a fragile team. He is a star in my book, irrespective of what I said about him when he coached our Huskies. He's as much a Husky as Coach.

Its an old skool lesson in loyalty, and being there for you when you're down. My definition of a stand-up guy.

Reaction Score
With all the defections from our team this year, I appreciate Blaney hanging around. You can question his value but I will give him a standing "O" when his time is up.

U

UCONNfan1

Blaney is a class act. But I still miss Clyde Vaughn. Would love to have him back after Blaney retires. Will never happen, but... Maybe K-free could be just as effective as a recruiter and a coach of the bigs...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still believe that Vaughn was the best big man coach we've ever had. The only recruit I remember being linked to him however was Kellogg who (personality wise) was a nightmare.

Considering what we have in terms of candidates from the UConn Family, I will be a bit disappointed if an outsider is added to the staff. I still want to see Donyell (who I believe is coaching D-League somewhere and was on Hobbs' staff at GW) on our sideline again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom