Black Sails on STARZ... | The Boneyard

Black Sails on STARZ...

Reaction Score
Starts Saturday night. Getting a LOT of advance publicity in the New York papers. I'll DVR it. Supposedly this will be no sugar coating fantasy. A real attempt to show how buccaneers actually lived.

Reaction Score
Starts Saturday night. Getting a LOT of advance publicity in the New York papers. I'll DVR it. Supposedly this will be no sugar coating fantasy. A real attempt to show how buccaneers actually lived.

I stumbled on it last night and there were naked chicks making out with each other. I stopped there for a few minutes . . . .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It wasn't particularly good, but it wasn't particularly bad either.

All of the pirates had insanely white teeth.

Reaction Score
After 2 of them I'm with Fishy, not sure yet…….good enough to keep watching but not quite good enough to be excited for the next one!

Reaction Score
You must have a total suspension of disbelief for this season finale. Flint's mini-armada has come across their target on the high seas with no land in sight. They've crossed the Orca's T in front & back, yet allow her to come around & shoot cannonade volleys, blowing Flint & most of his crew into the sea, with Flint sinking to Davey Jones's locker. In the penultimate scene, Flint awakens to consciousness to find himself looking at Silver, his quartermaster, what's left of his crew, & the beached wreck of his flag ship. But wait, there's more! On the other side of the island is the beached wreckage of the Spanish galleon, her crew & the treasure, with Flint's wing ship anchored in the bay. Only in the movies. Looks like something straight out of Peter Pan.

Reaction Score
I think this series is one of the best things going.

It depends on how they handle the second season, but if they involve Mr. Guthrie more, it will be really good. The pirate stuff is interesting, and it's great to learn about pirate codes, and from my reading, the research here is top notch, esp. about how each of them gets a share. But the Colonial politics needs o be ramped up.

The Bahamas, by the way, is still all about the Buccaneers.

Reaction Score
They have done a nice job with production design, sets and costumes. It is a believeable world.

But the acting and writing are just okay.

Reaction Score
Season 2 is great. This has become one of my favorite TV series of all time.

So much depth, so many layers, this show is an absolute joyride in game theory, from the bedroom to Buckingham Palace.

Reaction Score
Season 2 is great. This has become one of my favorite TV series of all time.

So much depth, so many layers, this show is an absolute joyride in game theory, from the bedroom to Buckingham Palace.
The flashbacks to Flint's past life as a British Naval officer at first had me scratching my head. Once the reveal of the reason that he went into exile was shown, the scenes about the Carolina Governor's daughter became more clear. She is a powerful bargaining chip.

Reaction Score
Wow, she went ballistic. And then something else went ballistic. Wasn't expecting that.

Reaction Score
Wow did anyone finish the 3rd season. Amazing! The production and quality. I'm convinced if this was on HBO everyone would be watching

Reaction Score
3rd season was the best one so far. It gets better and better.

It's hard to figure out who is the best character: Jack, Vane, Eleanor, Flint, Silver, but personally two of my favorites are Max and Billy Bones.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Amazing 3rd season. I felt it lost it's way a little in the second season, but damn did it make a come back. Awesome television.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom