Black said Illinois, Florida and Connecticut -- along with Indiana -- are the ones coming at him the | The Boneyard

Black said Illinois, Florida and Connecticut -- along with Indiana -- are the ones coming at him the

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
how come my two favorite teams are fighting over so many recruits this year? that being said uconn better get one of black/abu

Reaction Score
If we get MCLaughlin/Perkins, Hamilton, Oubre, and Black I will go play in traffic.

I will start and devote my life to a church where Kevin Ollie is portrayed as the reincarnation of .

Reaction Score
How awesome is it that a few players have listed us as a team recruiting them the hardest when we still have one hand tied behind our backs for another 10 days.

Reaction Score
I never understood the concept of "coming at a recruit the hardest". I mean, Depaul could be calling Andrew Wiggins every hour on the hour even though they have a 0.00% of landing him. So I guess that means they'd be coming at him the hardest? Is that even relevant?

Someone please explain this to me.

pj

Reaction Score
I never understood the concept of "coming at a recruit the hardest". I mean, Depaul could be calling Andrew Wiggins every hour on the hour even though they have a 0.00% of landing him. So I guess that means they'd be coming at him the hardest? Is that even relevant?

It's a window into a relationship, teams devote more effort to the player because he has encouraged them and the player gives more significance to their overtures because he welcomes them.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Two favorite teams? What is that nonsense?

UConn is always number 1.

But I like Florida. I tend to like Florida teams whether there college or pro, all though i don't like FSU or Miami.

it might be a big deal to the other schools fans recruiting him depending on the school. if depual call Wiggins like you said. in that case it might not matter, but if say kanses is heavily recruiting him they would be hard to beat

Reaction Score
Baylor is a private faith based institution so maybe that is the right fit. UConn is more secular and worldly. A true faith based institution believes ALL knowledge comes from god. I think everyone may define morality differently. College is a huge decision and maybe Black should chose a school that teaches biblical theology in a more systemic manner.

Maybe he wants to rebuk, teach and correct in the game of righteousness which is his prerogative. I wish him luck finding his path.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Baylor is a private faith based institution so maybe that is the right fit. UConn is more secular and worldly. A true faith based institution believes ALL knowledge comes from god. I think everyone may define morality differently. College is a huge decision and maybe Black should chose a school that teaches biblical theology in a more systemic manner.

Maybe he wants to rebuk, teach and correct in the game of righteousness which is his prerogative. I wish him luck finding his path.

He probably also wants to play in the NBA, so he may have some balancing to do.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Isn't there a church next to northwest dorms? Is that good enough?

Reaction Score
Isn't there a church next to northwest dorms? Is that good enough?

LOL...:) It might be depending. He puts his intent continually on the record with regards to his faith and the college experience. What threshold needs to be met to satisfy this experience? I don't doubt that Black is a pretty good player with potential. Shying away from Scott Drew for developmental purposes as a hoops player may be a wise decision. I respect his overtness on the faith issue. I am not sold that UConn is the best choice for him or the basketball team. Only time will tell and I wish the kid good luck.

Have a good 1 bro...

Reaction Score

It's basically a trick/loophole to get kids to be a bit more specific, likely created by the recruiting reporters but co-opted by the players. For a long while, a lot of kids, particularly elite recruits, began getting very vague about who is leading their recruitment (you still see this all the time). The question of "who is coming at you the hardest?" is basically a turn of phrase that allows them to go into more detail while still remaining non-committal. Rather then hearing a kid say "There's no favorites, yet" a hundred times over - they now feel a bit more comfortable talking about a few teams that are showing the most interest. It's also clear that the question really isn't meant to be taken literal, but more as a way for players (as well as coaches) to show a little positive signaling as to their stock.

Reaction Score
He probably also wants to play in the NBA, so he may have some balancing to do.
Hopefully the scales tip in the right direction when applying that balancing test. The religion aspect can complicate things depending on the degree of intensity. I like KO quite a bit and believe he will be an incredible recruiter. Looking forward to watching him grow in the XO's column this upcoming season.

Reaction Score
There's a reason he backed out of Baylor and of course he's still listing them but in all reality, he's not going there!!

Reaction Score
Has Memphis tried to get involved with Leron Black? I don't recall seeing anything or if he has already eliminated them. You would think Josh Pastner would make a strong play for the local guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom