Bit deflated with college football.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bit deflated with college football....

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
8 is the key. 8 gives UConn hope.

8 doesn't happen until 2025 in all likelihood. Tough to get into it when they can't even sniff anything important for 12 years. Maybe you get excited over beating Memphis, Temple, and Boise once in a blue moon. But I don't, and neither do 75% of people. Doesn't make me a better or worse fan than you, just different.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I agree with huskymedic, although I think our ship sailed with ND. When playoff gets to 8, and it will, that's when an unbeaten team from any conference with good OOC wins can't be denied. One thing to keep an eye on the next few years is 'Big 5' out of conference scheduling for later in this decade and early in 2020s (yikes). There's going to be a lot of pressure on them to include Big East, Mtn West, etc.
Why will there be a lot of pressure? B1G schools play 8 conference games plus they'll all have annual games against PAC schools by 2017 - with one FCS game, they have room for 2 more games. PAC schools play a 9 game conference schedule plus the B1G game. Add in an FCS game and they have room for one more game. I don't see these conferences feeling pressure to play more BCS teams. ACC is going to 9 conference games, and many of those schools have out of conference rival games (GT-UG, CU-USCe, FSU-UF, Pitt-ND) plus an FCS game. There is little room to schedule a home-home series with a quality opponent.

Reaction Score
There is little room to schedule a home-home series with a quality opponent.

Do you think there will be opportunities to schedule 1-timers with quality opponents? I think there will be. That's where teams in UConn's situation have to swallow some pride and meet that challenge. The pressure will come when a one-loss team from SEC doesn't make it because an FCS team dragged down their strength of schedule and the SEC overall has an off year. It's going to happen. I know it's a human committee, but SOS is going to remain a big factor.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Do you think there will be opportunities to schedule 1-timers with quality opponents? I think there will be. That's where teams in UConn's situation have to swallow some pride and meet that challenge. The pressure will come when a one-loss team from SEC doesn't make it because an FCS team dragged down their strength of schedule and the SEC overall has an off year. It's going to happen. I know it's a human committee, but SOS is going to remain a big factor.

Correction - it will remain a big factor until someone gets "screwed" out of a playoff spot, then it will be tweaked. History repeating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom