Biggest Transfers Ever? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Biggest Transfers Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
What if you reversed it and wondered what would happen if they had stayed knowing now there are clearly some issues!!

Reaction Score
What if you reversed it and wondered what would happen if they had stayed knowing now there are clearly some issues!!
If EDD stayed at UCONN, she leaves with 3.......possibly 4 titles.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wonder if EDD should be counted. She left UConn (did she really ever arrive/register) having decided to not play college ball, a decision she subsequently reversed at Delaware.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lets see maybe ETT to a Baylor board where someone actually cares about Baylor where you can be you if you are the right religion and not openly gay!
Really? Go crawl back in your hole.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
IMO the biggest transfer could be Natalie Butler. Her presence next season and for the next couple of seasons there after could be the difference of UConn continuing their unbelievable win streak. We will take a wait and see approach next season to see how it all plays out. Without a big after Kiah graduate couldve made life in HuskyLand a little tuff however if Butler plays like we think she will UConns magical streak of NCs will continue.

Reaction Score
I wonder if EDD should be counted. She left UConn (did she really ever arrive/register) having decided to not play college ball, a decision she subsequently reversed at Delaware.

Agreed. I'm inclined not to include anyone on this list who never started a season with a particular school before they decided to transfer.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
dbmill said:
Agreed. I'm inclined not to include anyone on this list who never started a season with a particular school before they decided to transfer.
. Yes, it's a valid question: do you count as a transfer if you never even played for a team?

Butler may just be the biggest transfer. I mean, she's 6'4" or so, right?

Reaction Score
. Yes, it's a valid question: do you count as a transfer if you never even played for a team?

That goes back to whether you count EDD :confused:

Reaction Score

6'5

Reaction Score
According to the NCAA she was a transfer. She had to get a release from her original school and she had to wait a year to play BBall. That's a transfer.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
EDD left without even practicing for uconn, much less playing. I don't consider her a transfer at all. She wasn't a part of one of the 90 games in a row uconn won without her. Her reasons for leaving brought her to UD, not to play basketball there (at least not initially).

If you're driving behind someone, switch over to a clear right lane, stay there while driving fast, and minutes later, move left, are you really passing someone on the right? No officer- I just felt like driving in the right lane for a bit. Nothing to do with the other driver in the left lane.

Reaction Score
EDD left without even practicing for uconn, much less playing. I don't consider her a transfer at all.

According to the NCAA and UConn, she is a transfer. According to your definition, she is not. I think for these rankings that everyone gets to make up their own definition.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I predicted if EDD Doty and Maya stayed at UConn UConn would go 195-0. Fans thought I was crazy. Well EDD left before she got here and UConn didnt do to bad. Butler will be the difference in UConn history because we wouldnt have had a great big after Kiah and now we do. Butler imo for 3 years could keep UConns NC streak going and if UConn gets MCCoy and/or Cox UConn would be dominate for the next 6-7 seasons.

Reaction Score
Yeah but, she could barely walk.
She helped because of her persona and her basketball acumen but she was just a shell of the player she could have been with healthy legs. She was a nice addition but not a game changer.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I like reading ETT even at those times when ETT is driving me crazy. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's all conjecture anyway, so why not speculate. Why would the timing (quickness) of her transfer and her year off mute what impact it may have had on both programs. As has been mentioned, it's possible UConn could have won four national titles while in Delaware's case, it gave them some national prominence they never would have attained.

Reaction Score
I'd wager Geno considers EDD a transfer.

She was recruited, gave her verbal, signed her letter and came to campus. Her leaving left a recruiting void and simply because she played not a single second, does not alter that fact. It's all speculation after that as to what she and the program could have accomplished, but that, in no way, changes the fact that UCONN's recuriting and line-up was directly and possibly indirectly affected.

She had the best chance up to that time to be a key cog on 4 national championships.

Reaction Score

If not for the fact that she was the #1 recruit out of high school, I might be inclined to agree with you.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
EDD missed considerable playing time with Lyme Disease. This would have happened whether she stayed at UConn or transferred.

I would consider Liz Sherwood, who left UConn to become a two year starter at Vanderbilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom