Big XII Expansion | The Boneyard

Big XII Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hi guys. This is my first post on your site although I've been a long time lurker. I empathize with your predicament and wish you well because of our past association. I promise that I am not a troll because I'm way too old for that crap.

I was reading the ACC Football Rx blog and there is a post regarding Big XII expansion and who the most likely candidates are should it happen. UCONN isn't mentioned pro or con. The author seems to emphasize distance above other considerations.
http://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2015/07/ot-if-big-xii-expands.html

I would be interested in your thoughts after you read the posting. Good luck with your 2015 season.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The author's name is Hokie Mark.

It's a message board post - why bother giving it much thought?

pj

Reaction Score
Cincy and Memphis. If that's what expansion means, no wonder they've been barfing at it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Any power conference expansion that involves Memphis as a first choice over us or BYU would be all that proof I need that said conference is on borrowed time. And any 1st time poster with a Fruit handle to come over here and post this random blog conjecture that opines Memphis as being a first choice is all the proof that I need that the OP of this thread is also on borrowed time. Tread carefully, Mr. Fruit.

Reaction Score
The the fact that UConn hits most of the criteria for CR, is secondary to the author's desire for a conference that is geographically cohesive. Let's look at the markers. Does UConn provide:

TV Market
Academics
National Brand
Facilities
Successful Athletic Department
An Eastern partner for WVU

Apply the same criteria to the other candidates. People want to harp on UConn's lack of success on the football field. Realistically, it's been a 4 year drought, not a lifetime. Most have now realized that a well balanced athletic program is necessary for full year round cable programming. The BTN needs basketball, baseball and other sports to round out their programming schedule. The B12 is in trouble, and knowing that 16 teams is the sweet spot, UConn will land somewhere when it is all said and done.

Reaction Score
I don't see this guy mentioning any ACC teams to the Big 12, so it's a bunch of crap. There's just as much reason to talk about FSU to B12 as there is BYU.

pj

Reaction Score
I don't see this guy mentioning any ACC teams to the Big 12, so it's a bunch of crap. There's just as much reason to talk about FSU to B12 as there is BYU.

The B12 should go for Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and USC for 14. Then consider FSU and Oregon for 16. That would give them a national presence with major brands.

Dooley

Reaction Score
The B12 should go for Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and USC for 14. Then consider FSU and Oregon for 16. That would give them a national presence with major brands.

I was thinking they should add the Yankees, Rangers and Astros for B12 baseball. The Canadiens, Hawks, and Stars for their new hockey conference. And it probably wouldn't hurt to reach out to the Warriors, Spurs and Mavs for basketball. Football though is tricky. If Alabama and Ohio State say no, maybe the Patriots and Cowboys would jump at the opportunity to join such a prestigious conference? Probably. But if they balk, I can see the B12 strengthening its weak Texas position by inviting the Texans. Because at the end of the day, B12 expansion will be judged, years from now, with how they did to strengthen its weak Texas presence.

Reaction Score
Let's all do the Big 12 cheer:

Big two, little eight,
We help Texas masturbate!

Big two, little ten,
Nothing changes, do it again.

Big one, little nine,
Oklahoma shows some spine.

Whatever happens, on your knees,
Texas does as Texas please.

es.

Reaction Score
There is an article in this am's timeswv. website by verteran columnist Bob Hertzel re: big 12 and it's shaky footing. It will be interesting to see the dud's reaction to it as it come out of his lair. Not real optimistic outlook for the conference.

Reaction Score
There is an article in this am's timeswv. website by verteran columnist Bob Hertzel re: big 12 and it's shaky footing. It will be interesting to see the dud's reaction to it as it come out of his lair. Not real optimistic outlook for the conference.
Unless it came from the Dude's mom its not a credible source for him.

Reaction Score
Yoda put it up thought so that right there will likely cause the dud to ignore it. I saw he tweeted today something that acknowledged 2 of the b12 have given the league an ultimatum. Kind of goes against his long contention that it's one strong family. Oh well. Back to the basement.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I think the Dood is the only dude on the planet that actually believes that the B12 is stable.

Reaction Score
It's really not hard. There are 5 P5 leagues, duh.

Three haven't had any defections. The ACC had one. The Big 12? Four?

Yet, I'd love for a Big 12 invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger