Big weekend for Louisville | The Boneyard

Big weekend for Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Asia Durr, Angela Salvadores and Erin DeGrate on officials this weekend.
Also verbal commits Brianna Jones and Ta'ja Cole.
Would love to bring this crew in to Storrs in 2015-2016 when we likely are to meet again.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I hope the best place for Asia D turns out to be College Park, MD.

Reaction Score
Asia Durr, Angela Salvadores and Erin DeGrate on officials this weekend.
Also verbal commits Brianna Jones and Ta'ja Cole.
Would love to bring this crew in to Storrs in 2015-2016 when we likely are to meet again.

Why do I get the feeling that Salvadores is just taking a free vacation on Louisville's dime? Did I not just read she signed with a pro team in Europe?

Reaction Score
Why do I get the feeling that Salvadores is just taking a free vacation on Louisville's dime? Did I not just read she signed with a pro team in Europe?
This twitter thread suggests:

1) Salvadores has signed with Rivas Escopolis of the Euro womens league,

2) They won't pay her except her expenses back & forth between Spain & USA,

3) Leticia Romero also played for a European pro league, and

4) This stuff happens a lot

https://mobile.twitter.com/KeilMoorePSB/status/497769745148440577

This other article says that contract shouldn't affect Salvadores' college eligibility if she chooses to pursue it.

http://lovewomensbasketball.com/2014/08/07/rivas-ecopolis-signs-u17-worlds-mvp-angela-salvadores/o

??????

Reaction Score
Yeah, I just stumbled onto the site you last linked to. Well, Salvadores won't be getting 40 points against UConn if she runs into the Huskies in the United States.

Reaction Score

If you've ever been to Louisville you'd know it wouldn't be considered a vacation spot :cool:.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
If you've ever been to Louisville you'd know it wouldn't be considered a vacation spot :cool:.
Certainly not in August, tho' the KY State Fair is impressive.

The 'Ville can be mighty nice in April - everything flowers!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just my $.02, but I think a place like L'ville would be perfect for Durr. Maryland would be just fine too. ND not so much. In watching Durr play in 5 games, and in reading more about her, she excels at scoring and is pretty terrific at creating her own shot. Where she struggles is in complex offenses, triangle, or motion. She's good at the first or maybe 2nd option on offense, but after that, she has real difficulty reading defenses and adjusting. I would consider this low BBIQ.

This is not meant as a criticism as much as an observation of where her strengths lie at this point. A team like L'ville, that would let her play like Schimmel did, would be perfect for her. A team like ND, who runs a much more complex offense that requires thinking and reacting to what the defense gives you, would not suit her strengths. Maryland would be another good option. I actually think Baylor would be a good choice for her as well. Not sure about Duke - McCallie doesn't seem to know what she's doing half the time so maybe that would be a good fit too...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just my $.02, but I think a place like L'ville would be perfect for Durr. Maryland would be just fine too. ND not so much. In watching Durr play in 5 games, and in reading more about her, she excels at scoring and is pretty terrific at creating her own shot. Where she struggles is in complex offenses, triangle, or motion. She's good at the first or maybe 2nd option on offense, but after that, she has real difficulty reading defenses and adjusting. I would consider this low BBIQ.

Sounds like Duke would be a great fit :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA