BIG officially opening offices in NYC via Facebook Page | The Boneyard

BIG officially opening offices in NYC via Facebook Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just noticed the BIG will be opening offices in NYC which was posted on their Facebook page.

I added my endorsement of UConn in the "comments" section. If you figure out who I am, please respect my privacy. Others have also hailed UConn's accomplishments.

I think this is a great opportunity for all of you to express UConn's obvious strengths. The Facebook administrators don't delete comments - there's often plenty of naysaying and smack talk on those threads, esp between rival schools, their alumni and fans.

Go for it! It can't hurt. Strike the damn iron while it is hot.

I can't imagine the BIG truly thinking they can capture NYC with merely the presence of BIG alumni, PSU, Rutgers and Md be nearby. I'm feeling a UConn invite at this point, albeit I can't say for sure, none of us really can.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Got to help our cause. We are Red hot right now, with our NYC game prices at MSG making headlines & the Daily Double. Football will rise but we need a hand. Can you imagine how many football tix could be sold after the Espn ticket scrolls UConn to the B1G?

Reaction Score
B1G has to take UConn now. If B1G wants to own NYC it better seal the deal with UConn. It would be idiotic for them to have us go to ACC. If so ACC would have a foot hold on both New York (UConn/Syracuse) and Boston/New England Markets (BC/UConn).

Let the Bidding Begin

Reaction Score
David Teel ‏@DavidTeelatDP 7h
Delany-Swofford steel cage match? MT @CFTalk: Big Ten announces it will open an office in New York City by June 1.

David Teel
@DavidTeelatDP
Reporting on ACC, other college sports for Daily Press.
Newport News, Va. · dailypress.com/sports/teel-bl…

Reaction Score
Delany-Swofford steel cage match? MT @CFTalk: Big Ten announces it will open an office in New York City by June 1.

David Teel
@DavidTeelatDP

WOW a ACC/B1G battle for NYC and UConn is just sitting here for the taking.

Why UConn is still in AAC is beyond me.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 7.40.49 PM.png

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

David Teel
@DavidTeelatDP

Watching the Yankees game on YES and I've seen ads for ACC and B1G websites on the scrolling board ad behind home plate during the same at-bat. We all know the ridiculous Fruit ad in left field of Yankee Stadium. How great would it be to put up a UCONN ad in right field? Let's take this dual up a notch!

Reaction Score
I just noticed the BIG will be opening offices in NYC which was posted on their Facebook page.

I added my endorsement of UConn in the "comments" section. If you figure out who I am, please respect my privacy. Others have also hailed UConn's accomplishments.

I think this is a great opportunity for all of you to express UConn's obvious strengths. The Facebook administrators don't delete comments - there's often plenty of naysaying and smack talk on those threads, esp between rival schools, their alumni and fans.

Go for it! It can't hurt. Strike the damn iron while it is hot.

I can't imagine the BIG truly thinking they can capture NYC with merely the presence of BIG alumni, PSU, Rutgers and Md be nearby. I'm feeling a UConn invite at this point, albeit I can't say for sure, none of us really can.
I saw this news on the RU site and came straight here as i thought the same exact way about events.....next add...UConn...and pretty dang soon too Gfunk!!!

Reaction Score
B1G has to take UConn now. If B1G wants to own NYC it better seal the deal with UConn. It would be idiotic for them to have us go to ACC. If so ACC would have a foot hold on both New York (UConn/Syracuse) and Boston/New England Markets (BC/UConn).

Let the Bidding Begin
Agreed....was thinking the same thing....F the privates!!

Reaction Score
Watching the Yankees game on YES and I've seen ads for ACC and B1G websites on the scrolling board ad behind home plate during the same at-bat. We all know the ridiculous Fruit ad in left field of Yankee Stadium. How great would it be to put up a UCONN ad in right field? Let's take this dual up a notch!
Who need's a sign/billboard when confident in oneself? ...SU..lol.

Reaction Score
Actually now that I think about it, I want Warde, Susan, et. al. to forever use this soundbite when they are talking about our future: "And with a campus just 30 miles to New York City [fill in the blank with whatever topic is being discussed]."

Reaction Score
Agreed....was thinking the same thing....F the privates!!

Nicky, I continue to take shots from BIG alum on Rutgers. I held my ground on the Facebook thread. I can't believe the stupidity in that thread.

See you in the BIG soon. Btw, you guys are like Illinois, so much local potential. But, to be fair to Illinois, they have at times succeeded on the biggest stages. You'll get there in our lifetimes.

Reaction Score
Nicky, I continue to take shots from BIG alum on Rutgers. I held my ground on the Facebook thread. I can't believe the stupidity in that thread.

See you in the BIG soon. Btw, you guys are like Illinois, so much local potential. But, to be fair to Illinois, they have at times succeeded on the biggest stages. You'll get there in our lifetimes.
Yes except in the east we know better....we've fared very well in FB head to heads in the BCS era and beat Illinois at their house when Zook was coach...I smell fear in the mid to lower tier of the B1G. I dont read all that stupity...only 3 or 4 teams concern me and #1 is PSU whom we beat in 88 last time we played them at there house! OSU and UM are bigger fishes but anyone is beatable. Bear Bryant after playing us at the Meadowlands in 80 or 81 swore Bama would never come back when he barely survived. Ask Tennessee what a Rutgers is!!

Reaction Score
Yes except in the east we know better....we've fared very well in FB head to heads in the BCS era and beat Illinois at their house when Zook was coach...I smell fear in the mid to lower tier of the B1G. I dont read all that stupity...only 3 or 4 teams concern me and #1 is PSU whom we beat in 88 last time we played them at there house! OSU and UM are bigger fishes but anyone is beatable. Bear Bryant after playing us at the Meadowlands in 80 or 81 swore Bama would never come back when he barely survived. Ask Tennessee what a Rutgers is!!

I just checked the Rutgers website. Is that site accurate? Since 1980, 34 seasons, Rutgers has ended the season at 500 or less 21 times? If not for Schiano, it would be much worse. How the heck is this possible with the recruiting potential Within a 100 mile radius of Piscataway?

Reaction Score
I just checked the Rutgers website. Is that site accurate? Since 1980, 34 seasons, Rutgers has ended the season at 500 or less 21 times? If not for Schiano, it would be much worse. How the heck is this possible with the recruiting potential Within a 100 mile radius of Piscataway?
Heck in there whole history they only have a 53% winning percentage but they did play overmatched many of the last 34 yrs? Ask someone more familiar with RU's history. I really don't know the answer Stinger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom