Big News about the Civil ConFLict...Huge | The Boneyard

Big News about the Civil ConFLict...Huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to the Hartford Courant the Civil ConFLict will be known from now on as just the ConFlLict! Wow! Apparenybghis was announced at the AAC weekly media event. As Trump would say, this is HUGE.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Wow. I never got the whole Connecticut/Florida ConFLict thing until just now.

Apparently I was so mesmerized by the plastic timex clock and the grandeur of it all, the true meaning passed me by.

ConFLict. Now I get it. I'm all in. Giddy Up.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wow. I never got the whole Connecticut/Florida ConFLict thing until just now.

Apparently I was so mesmerized by the plastic timex clock and the grandeur of it all, the true meaning passed me by.

ConFLict. Now I get it. I'm all in. Giddy Up.
Lol, that would the ConFLiCT. Nice line about the clock.

By the way, it is not only 'yuge' but a lot very important sports people have worked on the event, so that we know that it will be amazing and much nicer than other rivalries.

The ConFLiCT: It ain't civil anymore!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is this due to some PC (no not THAT PC) mumbo jumbo referencing the Civil War and invoking the thoughts of slavery?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Lol, that would the ConFLiCT. Nice line about the clock.

By the way, it is not only 'yuge' but a lot very important sports people have worked on the event, so that we know that it will be amazing and much nicer than other rivalries.

The ConFliCT: It ain't civil anymore!
You forgot classy and luxurious.

Reaction Score
I have to say I actually like "the ConFLiCT" more than "the Civil ConFLiCT". It just sounds like its been around a while. The other one just sounded goofy, like someone was trying too hard.

Reaction Score
Or maybe just to avoid confusion with Oregon/OSU?

I'll find the mention... the change was so as not to offend people. I guess maybe the Oregonians could have been offended so maybe I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Really?

>>Asked again about the so-called rivalry, Diaco said he could change it to “Conflict,” so not to offend anyone.

“I’ll peel every plaque off the thing. I do not care,” the former Notre Dame assistant head coach said. “You want me to take the score from a year ago? Done. You want to add the score from 2013? Done. I don’t really care. You want to change the name because the first part of it is an implication from a few hundred years ago? Fine. I thought about all of it. We’ll call it ‘The Conflict.’ We can capitalize the ‘fl’ and capitalize the ‘ct.’ The semantics of it, I’m good on it. Whatever is least offensive to everyone involved. Whoever’s the most offended, you make it. I’m fine with that.<<

As a note he mentioned today that they did add the previous game score to the trophy.

Reaction Score
>>Asked again about the so-called rivalry, Diaco said he could change it to “Conflict,” so not to offend anyone.

“I’ll peel every plaque off the thing. I do not care,” the former Notre Dame assistant head coach said. “You want me to take the score from a year ago? Done. You want to add the score from 2013? Done. I don’t really care. You want to change the name because the first part of it is an implication from a few hundred years ago? Fine. I thought about all of it. We’ll call it ‘The Conflict.’ We can capitalize the ‘fl’ and capitalize the ‘ct.’ The semantics of it, I’m good on it. Whatever is least offensive to everyone involved. Whoever’s the most offended, you make it. I’m fine with that.<<

As a note he mentioned today that they did add the previous game score to the trophy.

Good grief.

Reaction Score
huskymedic said:

I am assuming this is a made up quote from hcbd? If not. . . Wow.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Diaco should take the clock apart and see if he can get a White House invite.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why not add an extra N and make it the ConnFLict.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
CONN/FLict as the youngins type. The slash as a nice homage to HFD and CR.

Reaction Score
It might just be me, but does anyone else think HCBD is spending more time on this nonsensical rivalry & trophy than figuring out a way to get play calls to our QB faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom