Big day for UCONN in the WNBA... | The Boneyard

Big day for UCONN in the WNBA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maya led Minny to a win with 18 and 9 boards - best player in the world has another terrific game.

Tiff led her team in scoring in a loss to the Sun (gasp!) with 18 points

Renee led the Sun in scoring 18 points off the bench in 19 productive minutes. Bently and Douglas (starters) combined for 13 in 50+ minutes (SMH)...

Hartley played 32 minutes off the bench for Wash in their 2OT win over the Sparks with 20 points, while Stef recorded a double double (her first?) with 14 and 11. Latta, by the way, went 4-17. The other 2 starting guards (Lawson and Ruffin-Pratt) COMBINED for a whopping 3 total points.

Former UCONN stars, "old" and newer, are showing their stuff and are in fine form! Congrats to them!

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The bench scoring in the LA v. Washington game was a crazy 63-10 in favor of the Mystics.

Both Stef and Maya played 40 minutes today.

Though Ivory's shot was off, the ones she made were key baskets at the end of each of the OT sessions.

Reaction Score
Mike T. played his bench for a majority of the game. I thought it was apparent early that they needed Bria in there to handle The Sparks' pressure, and she ended up coming up big scoring wise. She looks really comfortable at both guard positions already.

Stef is not afraid to make plays. I think the game is going a little fast for her right now, but she still played really well. And going up against LA's post players isn't easy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mike T. played his bench for a majority of the game. I thought it was apparent early that they needed Bria in there to handle The Sparks' pressure, and she ended up coming up big scoring wise. She looks really comfortable at both guard positions already.

Stef is not afraid to make plays. I think the game is going a little fast for her right now, but she still played really well. And going up against LA's post players isn't easy.
The one negative I've seen from Stef in the 2 games I attended was that she holds the ball in the low post and, when the double-team comes, she tries to pass out of it. But the pass gets deflected for a turnover. I think I saw that 4-5 times in 2 games. I'm sure she'll adjust. She needs to be quicker or find a better passing angle. Her defenders are taller than the typical collegiate defenders she faced.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sue didn't shoot the ball particularly well tonight, but she had 11 points, 4 assists, and 2 steals, against only 1 TO. She also corralled a loose ball in the last few seconds as Seattle edged Tulsa by 2.

Reaction Score
Maya led Minny to a win with 18 and 9 boards - best player in the world has another terrific game.

Tiff led her team in scoring in a loss to the Sun (gasp!) with 18 points

Renee led the Sun in scoring 18 points off the bench in 19 productive minutes. Bently and Douglas (starters) combined for 13 in 50+ minutes (SMH)...

Hartley played 32 minutes off the bench for Wash in their 2OT win over the Sparks with 20 points, while Stef recorded a double double (her first?) with 14 and 11. Latta, by the way, went 4-17. The other 2 starting guards (Lawson and Ruffin-Pratt) COMBINED for a whopping 3 total points.

Former UCONN stars, "old" and newer, are showing their stuff and are in fine form! Congrats to them!
What a statement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog