Big 12 Remnants, AAC, MWC, IND | The Boneyard

Big 12 Remnants, AAC, MWC, IND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Lets say the B1G is able to pry away OU/KU/UT/ACC School to the B1G. That leaves the following teams from the Big 12 remnants, the AAC, Independents, and the MWC

B12: ISU,KSU,OSU,TCU,WVU,Baylor, TTU

AAC: UConn, Cincinnati, ECU, Temple, UCF, USF, Memphis, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, SMU, Navy

IND: Army, BYU, UMass,

MWC: Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, New Mexico, Wyoming, San Jose State, San Diego State, Hawaii, Fresno State, Nevada, UNLV, Utah State

Are there enough teams left here with market cache/name recognition to make a 12 team "Power" Conference? If we wound up in a B12 similar to this one, what kind of TV revenue could be expected?

New Big 12:

East:

WVU
UConn
Cincinnati

ISU
KSU
OSU

West:
Baylor
TCU
TTU
Houston
Boise State
BYU

New AAC:

East:
ECU
Memphis
Temple
UCF
USF
UMass

West:
Air Force
Colorado State

Tulane
Tulsa
SMU
Navy

Reaction Score
I would take UCF over Houston....but this is definitely a possibility. It will give Fox a conference they can put on the air with decent content, the price though would definitely be less than what they are paying now...that would be a raise though for any AAC team that comes over.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
In this hypothetical scenario, I think it would be to power conferences what the Big East used to be to BCS conferences (subject to most ridicule). But yes, I would still think it would get a TV contract large enough to call it a "power" conference. There are some decent markets in there and good football programs. Hoops would really suck but UConn can make up the scheduling with OOC opponents.

Sure as heck beats where we are right now. But I'm still holding out hope that the B1G will expand with OU/KU/UT/UCONN (not an ACC school!).

Reaction Score
That's arguabley a better fb conference than the acc. However, i can't see Ou and Ut going anywhere together.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Don't see an ACC team leaving anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom