Better Call Saul | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Better Call Saul

Reaction Score
Finally had a chance to watch the first 3 episodes, and IMO, the show is off to a very good start. Odenkirk is great. I actually like the gradual build, giving the viewer enough nuggets and story to make you want to come back for more.

It's also got me wanting to re-watch Breaking Bad from the beginning.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think there's been a lot of character development over plot thus far, but the story lines from episode 1 through 5 have been moving at a progressively quicker pace. Odenkirk has been great in the role. But it's fair to say the first 2-3 episodes were pretty slow going. Looks like Mike's backstory is coming this week.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think there's been a lot of character development over plot thus far, but the story lines from episode 1 through 5 have been moving at a progressively quicker pace. Odenkirk has been great in the role. But it's fair to say the first 2-3 episodes were pretty slow going. Looks like Mike's backstory is coming this week.
Yea, from the previews, looks like a lot of Mike this week.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
This week's episode was indeed Mike's back story. Outstanding episode. The last few minutes were phenomenal.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This week's episode was indeed Mike's back story. Outstanding episode. The last few minutes were phenomenal.
Agreed, was really, really good this week.

Reaction Score
Yep, Breaking Bad level good this week. Loved Mike emoting to his daughter-in-law, the near Saul Goodman level interplay between Jimmy and Mike and cheered hard for Mike in Philly scenes.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Yep, Breaking Bad level good this week. Loved Mike emoting to his daughter-in-law, the near Saul Goodman level interplay between Jimmy and Mike and cheered hard for Mike in Philly scenes.
With Mike well established as a steady character always in control, Jonathan Banks did an excellent job showing just the right amount of emotion for it to be a "Whoa" type moment. That level of emotion would have been too small for most characters but anything more from Mike wouldn't have made sense. They really nailed it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Everyone - "It was great!"

Dogdeacon - "You can't use Maxipads to treat gunshot wounds. Ruined the episode for me."

Meyers - "I read the book."

Reaction Score

Dogdeacon - "You can't use Maxipads to treat gunshot wounds. Ruined the episode for me."

FOUL! You can't disregard my actual posts and insert my stereotypical behavior. Someone needs to share Mike's maxipad.

Understanding TV is your mind-turn-off-entertain-me time, so you don't read Dr Quincy's autopsy. In this case no foul play was found.

Reaction Score
Jonathan Banks has his Emmy reel in this episode. Terrific acting job, showing so much within a very tightly constrained demeanor. Great insight into Mike's psyche, while also nicely moving the evolution of the characters along. Jimmy crosses a line in his "Juan Valdez bump and dump" to help interfere with a police investigation, and Mike gets his first entry into the New Mexico underworld with the Vet sews his wound and offers introductions.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

There's a book? :eek:

(you don't know me very well at all, haven't read a book in years :cool:)

Reaction Score
That was a wonderful closing scene with Jimmy and his brother in last night's episode. Can't believe there's only one episode left.

Reaction Score
That was a wonderful closing scene with Jimmy and his brother in last night's episode. Can't believe there's only one episode left.
That was a powerful scene for sure, Charles McGill comes across as such a good person but turns out he's Judas. I never even watched Breaking Bad and still find this show amazing, don't want the season to end.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Mike was the best part of that episode. So cool about everything, including when he abused the loud mouth, hot head thug.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Great episode. Chuck is a huge . While he has a couple defensible points, he's still a huge scumbag for using Hamlin as his puppet.

And realistically, if you bring a multi million dollar case to a law firm, I don't think they give a if you went to Bob's Backyard College o' Knowledge.

Reaction Score
I love this show. Maybe I should actually watch Breaking Bad.

Reaction Score
That was a powerful scene for sure, Charles McGill comes across as such a good person but turns out he's Judas. I never even watched Breaking Bad and still find this show amazing, don't want the season to end.

He's also Lenny.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I love this show. Maybe I should actually watch Breaking Bad.
The styles are very similar for obvious reasons. If you're enjoying this, no doubt you would enjoy Breaking Bad.

Reaction Score
Better Call Saul is like a really good burger, universally appealing, almost can't go wrong.
Breaking Bad is a flame cooked blackened filet that's still cold & red in the middle - great if you are up for it.

Reaction Score
Great show this week. Loved both story lines (Chuck/Jimmy and Mike's). Can't believe first season is coming to an end, seems like it just started.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom