Best wings in CT | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best wings in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Went to Archie Moores for the best time today. SO GOOD. Even the best bleu cheese I've ever had. It was like a religious experience.
No contest… AM's is first & everyone else is a distant second...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Hut wings Get them at wing street at your local Pizza Hut You're welcome

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'll chime in with TKs too. Awesome wings and great atmosphere. They also have (or at least used to when I was in college) Spaten Oktoberfest on tap year-round, which is fantastic.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
Obviously H( . Y . )TERS. Especially in Wethersfield with Annie as your waitress.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If timing works out right I may be within range of J. Timothy's for lunch today. I have yet to try their wings so I am on a mission to do that after hearing all the raves.

Question for the J. Timothy's fans: Do I want/need to try anything other than their Buffalo wings, prepared dirt style?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Uh oh, just scanned the thread again and see lots of votes for Sliders too. I will be equidistant from Sliders and J. Tim's. Assuming I *might* also like to enjoy a nice craft beer with my wings, what say you people who have been to both? Which would you choose if you could only choose one, and why?

And yes, @CTBasketball , I am aware that at last count you had gotten food poisoning three times at J. Tim's--and you still thought it was worth it.

Reaction Score
Uh oh, just scanned the thread again and see lots of votes for Sliders too. I will be equidistant from Sliders and J. Tim's. Assuming I *might* also like to enjoy a nice craft beer with my wings, what say you people who have been to both? Which would you choose if you could only choose one, and why?

And yes, @CTBasketball , I am aware that at last count you had gotten food poisoning three times at J. Tim's--and you still thought it was worth it.
Sliders is a great bar with good wings. Good selection of sauces, tons of TVs to watch some Wednesday afternoon baseball and the bartenders are great.IIRC they are currently having a special of CT beers (maybe just in bottles). Haven't been to JTims though so it's a slightly biased viewpoint.

Reaction Score

been to both often. Go to JTim's, Buffalo style dirt is the choice.

Reaction Score

Slider's is always my go-to when I'm home in CT. You absolutely can't go wrong with either place. J. Tim's is a great place, nice - haven't had anything I don't like there. Slider's is more sports bar atmosphere.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Wing Madness in East Hartford is 5 minutes from the Rent. The Asian Fusion is awesome. They have a second location in New Haven near SCSU

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Go to JTim's, Buffalo style dirt is the choice.
Thanks to all for the responses. This ^ is exactly what I did.

Solid wings. Good size, crispy, nice mild burn.

Good service, nice taps, cool building.

Oh, and my Mets opened a three-run lead while I was there.

Great place. I'll be back.

Reaction Score
What's the fascination with wings? Not much meat, lots of fatty chicken skin, and prob not good for you.

Reaction Score
Nothing beats Archie Moore's. Nothing. J tim's are second. And for me (and probably me only) Hooters are third. I love breaded wings and their breading is delicious.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
@8893 sorry I couldn't get back to you before lunch. Good choice with J. Tim's dirt buffalo. I tried Sierra Nevada Summerfest there for the first time and it was surprisingly good.

Also I've been back 5-6 times since getting food poisoning a while back. J Tim's tastes better than Sliders on the way back up :p

Reaction Score
Black Duck in Westport. They are big and after the deep fry the wings are put into the broiler for a minute to add another flavor/texture. Yumm.

Reaction Score
We heard you the first time.

You're right--they're probably just a fad. I doubt they'll catch on.

Don't be an ass. Just asking. Didn't say anything about a fad - you did. FYI, my cardio put them on the official no-no list given my 5x by-pass surgery. You should try it - fascinating experience.

So back to the underlying Q: why are they so good again?

Reaction Score
@8893 sorry I couldn't get back to you before lunch. Good choice with J. Tim's dirt buffalo. I tried Sierra Nevada Summerfest there for the first time and it was surprisingly good.

Also I've been back 5-6 times since getting food poisoning a while back. J Tim's tastes better than Sliders on the way back up :p

Best neighborhood is that in plainville. You have Sliders, Jtim and an underrated First and Last for wings (and an excellent choice in staff too lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom