Best wings in CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best wings in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bidwell is great when they fry them long enough. I always order them "very crispy".

When served crispy, almost all wings are great.

This is true, but the beauty of the confit wings at MiKro is that, although they are not crispy per se, they are cooked so well that you can shake the bone and the meat will fall off.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That being said, they take their wings incredibly seriously around here...

I believe it. We got in late to a Buffalo hotel (before the Int'l Bowl), the restaurant was closed and only the bar was open. It was one of those hotel bars didn't get any outside business. The wings were fantastic, never saw it coming. I thought just what you wrote.

Reaction Score
Love them, best wings....lived on the bristol/plainville line.. less then 3 miles

Only thing i miss from living in bristol

Ps... kitchen is rough from past students that have worked there

What do you mean rough? Dirty?

Reaction Score
I make an Asian drummie...45 minutes in the oven after tossing in a flour/butter combo...then to a slow cooker where a chili-garlic sauce/hoisin sauce/ mo' butta is tossed up and cooked for 90 minutes to 2 hours. It's like a cartoon cat eating a cartoon fish...put in mouth, pull out bones.

Archie Moore's are a great wing but small for my liking. Sliders is the . The cajun dry rub for me.

Yuk. I've never had wings in a slow cooker or oven that I've liked. They need to be fried and have a crisp to 'em.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yuk. I've never had wings in a slow cooker or oven that I've liked. They need to be fried and have a crisp to 'em.
I know you are a fried wing guy and I love them, too. But I have no fryer and may one day fill a dutch oven with oil and try that. For now the family loves these asian drummies. I have a Hooters Cookbook which will require me to go "deep fryin'".

Reaction Score
Wing It On in Waterbury. Just opened maybe a year ago. Flavors are really good, especially jerk barbeque.

Reaction Score

This. It is not possible to make a good wing unless you fry it -- and for god's sake don't put flour on them. The crispiness of the skin (as well as the sauce) is what makes the wing.

Bake wings in the oven or put them in a slow cooker and they are just 'chicken'.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Porky's in shelton or Archies but TKs has the best atmosphere during Uconn games.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This. It is not possible to make a good wing unless you fry it -- and for god's sake don't put flour on them. The crispiness of the skin (as well as the sauce) is what makes the wing.

Bake wings in the oven or put them in a slow cooker and they are just 'chicken'.

This.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

This.

F "this". They are outstanding. Think outside the coop.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Let me guess. You also make "awesome ribs" in a crock pot too?
I have never made ribs..,yet. And when I do they will be grilled.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Somewhat au-contraire. Baking wings AFTER frying them can help in a little extra crispyness. Try it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let me guess. You also make "awesome ribs" in a crock pot too?

You sure as hell don't fry them. And you want the meat to fall off the bone...which means slow cooking. Some wings need a little more of that.

Reaction Score
You sure as hell don't fry them. And you want the meat to fall off the bone...which means slow cooking. Some wings need a little more of that.

You can only smoke ribs. Just like you can only fry wings. Yet, some fools think you can accomplish either with an oven or a crock pot.

Reaction Score
Somewhat au-contraire. Baking wings AFTER frying them can help in a little extra crispyness. Try it.

If they are fried correctly, there is no need, and it would only dry out the interior.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Two ingredient chicken wings:

Roll them around in this stuff-

41tXQLviWtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Cook them on your grill.

Enjoy!

You're welcome.

Reaction Score
Had a chance to try Timothy's today and immediately knew I was bringing some home. Despite being stuck in the box and losing much of that great crispness it was appreciated by the family. Wow they were good right off the fryer with a good IPA. Glad I had a chance to stop by after catching some T&F in New Britain. Was alone but struck up a nice conversation with my server. Great experience overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom