Best wings in CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best wings in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a Slider's in p-ville guy. Love the insane/hot wings and the garlic parm are fantastic, though you'll be leaking garlic out of your pores for the next 12 hours.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I make an Asian drummie...45 minutes in the oven after tossing in a flour/butter combo...then to a slow cooker where a chili-garlic sauce/hoisin sauce/ mo' butta is tossed up and cooked for 90 minutes to 2 hours. It's like a cartoon cat eating a cartoon fish...put in mouth, pull out bones.

Archie Moore's are a great wing but small for my liking. Sliders is the . The cajun dry rub for me.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
1) Bidwell
2a) J. Tims
2b) Archie Moores
2c) Sliders
3) everything else

I'll just say that it's a very fine line between these guys. I've had delicious wings at each of them.

How about how disappointing the wings are at the actual Anchor Bar where they were invented? Surprised me.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
If you can only order one, J Timothy's teryaki double dirt wings are best in CT. Best place overall (variety/quality) is Sliders.

Reaction Score
"Wings Over..." are amazing.

Wings over Storrs at 3AM are some of my best memories at UConn.
"Wings Over..." are amazing.

Wings over Storrs at 3AM are some of my best memories at UConn.

I live in ny where the food is amazing, and I still miss those boneless wings at 3/4 am. Why isn't there one in NYC? Anyone want to go in business?

Reaction Score
Bidwells, Sliders, Archie Moores all good but J Timothy's Dirt s Buffalo takes the cake and its not even close.

Damons in Hartford has good wings; Mcladdins in West Hart center also good.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
1) Bidwell
2a) J. Tims
2b) Archie Moores
2c) Sliders
3) everything else

I'll just say that it's a very fine line between these guys. I've had delicious wings at each of them.

How about how disappointing the wings are at the actual Anchor Bar where they were invented? Surprised me.

Duff's in Buffalo (couple of locations) is very good. As good as the anchor bar

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Used to be J Timothy's in Plainville, but I've gotten food poisoning the last two times I went there.

Have to go with Sliders in Southington.

Reaction Score
Wooster St is awesome, namely the one in Manchester. The pepper wings at Willibrew are awesome too. I really gotta get out and try more places though.

Reaction Score
Duff's in Buffalo (couple of locations) is very good. As good as the anchor bar

Much better than Anchor...

But neither as good as Gabriel's Gate.

Reaction Score
1) Bidwell
2a) J. Tims
2b) Archie Moores
2c) Sliders
3) everything else

I agree, had a trip to Buffalo in mid-to-late 1990's, hit Anchor Bar and the wings were average. It was like the Emperor's new clothes, pretended they were good.

Much better fare at a half-dozen different places in Albany in late 80's, can't remember all the bars names but Hill Street's were the meatiest. One place that served wings and buckets of OV Splits had the hottest I've ever tried. One seven ounce beer per wing and you still needed water to cool down.

Reaction Score
I agree, had a trip to Buffalo in mid-to-late 1990's, hit Anchor Bar and the wings were average. It was like the Emperor's new clothes, pretended they were good.

Much better fare at a half-dozen different places in Albany in late 80's, can't remember all the bars names but Hill Street's were the meatiest. One place that served wings and buckets of OV Splits had the hottest I've ever tried. One seven ounce beer per wing and you still needed water to cool down.

Anchor is a tourist destination. Parking always packed. They don't have to be good, even in a run down section of Buffalo.

That being said, they take their wings incredibly seriously around here, almost as seriously as the Beef on Weck.

Reaction Score

The Ruck in Troy, NY. Great wings.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That being said, they take their wings incredibly seriously around here, almost as seriously as the Beef on Weck.
I'd like to try one of those too...

Reaction Score
I thought this was going to be about small forwards or hockey. Are you all on diets?

Reaction Score
The Ruck in Troy, NY. Great wings.
Having spent 4 years in Troy NY during college (RPI) in the mid 70's I find it amazing anyone would make it a destination location. Our go-to food place at 1:00ish AM was Charlie's hot dogs, where you could buy (several)1 1/2" long chili dogs for 39 cents each. We had a (legendary) frat brother who threw-up many into his hand and then re-ate them.

Reaction Score
Having spent 4 years in Troy NY during college (RPI) in the mid 70's I find it amazing anyone would make it a destination location. Our go-to food place at 1:00ish AM was Charlie's hot dogs, where you could buy (several)1 1/2" long chili dogs for 39 cents each. We had a (legendary) frat brother who threw-up many into his hand and then re-ate them.

That's gross.

Troy has a Dinosaur's BBQ as well as some excellent restaurants. Also great bars, like Sherlock Holmes.

Reaction Score
Bidwell is great when they fry them long enough. I always order them "very crispy".

When served crispy, almost all wings are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom