Best wings in CT | The Boneyard

Best wings in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry to make another of these but it's the off season and I need some comfort food. Best wings that I've had have been from j Timothy's

What say you ?

Reaction Score
"Wings Over..." are amazing.

Wings over Storrs at 3AM are some of my best memories at UConn.

Wings over is very good when you're very drunk. They're mediocre-terrible when you're sober.

Reaction Score
My top two picks are Archie Moore's wings in new haven county or Bidwells in Coventry.

If you think wings over are even considered decent, you must be living in a cardboard box.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I lean towards Sliders Berlin, CT. Variety & taste!

Reaction Score
My top two picks are Archie Moore's wings in new haven county or Bidwells in Coventry.

If you think wings over are even considered decent, you must be living in a cardboard box.

Archie's

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There are no good wings in CT.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Stanziato's in Danbury do good ones and they're wood-fired so it's a little difference. I also tried Bric House in Norwalk for the first time the other day. Their wings were very good, their actual BBQ was very good, but their sides were a different story. I'd definitely go there for beer/wings again though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For consistently very good, standard Buffalo wings with the right texture and medium heat, I would have to say Archie Moore's has stood the test of time imo, and they have never disappointed me.

I tend to like mine hotter, and I also like to mix it up with different styles. But most of the other CT places where I've had great wings have not been consistent over time, or from visit to visit. Still, I would include these on the list:

Willimantic Brewery (Oy Vey are my favorites there; Jerk Wings also very good)
Eli Cannon's in Middletown
Bidwell Tavern in Coventry (Dry Mexican Hot)
Porky's Cafe in Shelton
Prime 16 in New Haven (Agave Chipotle)
MiKro in Hamden (whatever confit wings they have are always great)
Rudy's in New Haven (both the Buffalo Lager and Brown Ale BBQ; also serves the best Belgian frites I've had in this country)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Having had both recently, I can say it's an insult to Archie Moore's to be mentioned in the same sentence as Bidwell. Moore's wings are what I consider great Buffalo wings to be. Bidwell is living in the past. It serves just too many flabby, poorly cooked wings to get a rec from me anymore. The last batch I had a week ago were borderline nasty.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Bobby V's in Stamford does a very good wing. I prefer it to Archie Moore's.

Bidwell is to wings what a turkey burger is to burgers. It's nice as a changeup, but not a substitute.

Reaction Score

Ahh the drunken allure of soggy wings and french fries (seriously have to be some of the worst french fries I've ever had).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
For consistently very good, standard Buffalo wings with the right texture and medium heat, I would have to say Archie Moore's has stood the test of time imo, and they have never disappointed me.

I tend to like mine hotter, and I also like to mix it up with different styles. But most of the other CT places where I've had great wings have not been consistent over time, or from visit to visit. Still, I would include these on the list:

Willimantic Brewery (Oy Vey are my favorites there; Jerk Wings also very good)
Eli Cannon's in Middletown
Bidwell Tavern in Coventry (Dry Mexican Hot)
Porky's Cafe in Shelton
Prime 16 in New Haven (Agave Chipotle)
MiKro in Hamden (whatever confit wings they have are always great)
Rudy's in New Haven (both the Buffalo Lager and Brown Ale BBQ; also serves the best Belgian frites I've had in this country)

Regional joking aside, this is a pretty good list.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The firehouse is good too I go there sometimes when Sliders is packed, they have over 80 different flavors

Reaction Score
Anyone else try j Timothy's dirt wings in Plainville?

Love them, best wings....lived on the bristol/plainville line.. less then 3 miles

Only thing i miss from living in bristol

Ps... kitchen is rough from past students that have worked there

Reaction Score
I've always found Bidwell's and J. Timothy's wings disappointing. Archie Moore's is consistently good. There's a dumpy sports bar in Watertown called Triple Play that gets them right every time. Crispy but not overcooked, not too much sauce . . .

Cooter's in Clearwater Beach, Florida has the best wings anywhere, IMO.

Good wings are nothing you can't duplicate at home with a deep fryer and some good sauce.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Nothing in the Hartford area?

This doesn't surprise me. I've never had wings in the area that were worth going out of the way for. Expectations today are for some meat on those bones. They fatten these suckers up before slaughter!

Reaction Score
Stanziato's in Danbury do good ones and they're wood-fired so it's a little difference. I also tried Bric House in Norwalk for the first time the other day. Their wings were very good, their actual BBQ was very good, but their sides were a different story. I'd definitely go there for beer/wings again though.

Thanks - close to home (sort of) so will try for some with the tourney this week.

http://stanziatos.com/menu/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro