Best Romantic Comedies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Romantic Comedies

Reaction Score
A very good one I recently saw was Love Actually (think it is a few years old but I just saw it).

Another is Knights Tale with Heath Ledger.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Definitely not a traditional rom-com but "Salmon Fishing in Yemen" was very charming. Featured Emily Blunt before she started trending toward action movies or darker and edgier roles. Love her! Ewan McGregor is good too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Definitely not a traditional rom-com but "Salmon Fishing in Yemen" was very charming. Featured Emily Blunt before she started trending toward action movies or darker and edgier roles. Love her! Ewan McGregor is good too.
Cool. Thanks. Will look for that. She was great in The Devil Wears Prada, which I actually really like and always stop on when surfing. The "cerulean blue" scene is perfection.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cool. Thanks. Will look for that. She was great in The Devil Wears Prada, which I actually really like and always stop on when surfing. The "cerulean blue" scene is perfection.
I'm not sure but I think the Miranda character posts in the Cesspool.

"The details of your incompetence don't interest me."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm not sure but I think the Miranda character posts in the Cesspool.

"The details of your incompetence don't interest me."
Except when she says it it’s true.

Reaction Score
A few others:

Defending Your Life - who says romantic comedies all have to take place when you're both still alive?

Ball of Fire - Another Howard Hawks contribution to this category, he could have a bunch.

Libeled Lady - With William Powell, Spencer Tracy, Myrna Loy, and Jean Harlow, it functions as a sort of a two for your money pairing and re-pairing of couples.

I Married A Witch - Great little fantasy made while French director Rene Clair was in America during World War II.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just Visiting - This movie is one of the weirdest premises for a comedy I have ever seen, and it just kind of works. I wouldn't say it is great, but if you see it on cable, it is worth the 90 minutes.

I am surprised that Christina Applegate does not have back problems because she carried quite a few dodgy movies over the years.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Anyone ever see Enough Said with Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Gandolfini? I never heard of it until running across it in a list of best romantic comedies as rated on Rotten Tomatoes. It gets great ratings and sounds right up my alley (with Catherine Keener, too, whom I also love); kind of surprised never heard of it.

Enough Said is definitely worth a watch. I don't know if what Gandolfini and Louis-Dreyfus had would be called "chemistry", but it was certainly believable, given the former was fat and bald and the latter pretty hot. It has many light moments for a movie about a pretty effed up relationship. Really solid acting all around.

While The Mexican probably wouldn't be considered a classic rom-com, there are definitely Preston Sturges elements that Pitt and Roberts sell pretty well.

Reaction Score
I can't agree enough. That's a movie that still gets me thinking from time to time.

The actor who plays Brooks lawyer, forget his name, was hilarious.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Doc Hollywood - well done little movie with Michael J Fox at his peak. Julie Warner is excellent and appealing as the female lead in a tough role. The supporting cast is excellent too, especially Barnard Hughes as Doctor Hogue.

Reaction Score
As a John Cusack fan, I'd also add Serendipity to the list. It's not exactly critically acclaimed, but it's a fun movie and Kate Beckinsale is gorgeous.

"Say Anything" is his best RC (Kickboxing - Sport of the future) - I'd put "The Sure Thing" as a distant 2nd. Fun Fact, In "True Colors" John Cusacks character was a UCONN grad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom