Ben Gordon Waived | The Boneyard

Ben Gordon Waived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Orlando Magic waived Ben Gordon. He is now 32 years old. Has been in the league for 10 years! Wow, that was a quick ten years.

Reaction Score
Just what I thought. He retired 3 months ago
IMG_0324.PNG

Reaction Score
That can be interpreted as him saying "curtains" on the season, I think if he retired there wouldn't have been articles during the past week asking what were the Magic going to do with his option.

Reaction Score
I did, too, especially when he was a big-time scorer in the league. Ben declined early, but let's not forget how good he was with Chicago.
No doubt he had some good years but i expected more from him. He had a great playoff series that i thought was going to be his coming out party to being an all star and one of the better scorers in the league but it just never really happened.

Reaction Score
No doubt he had some good years but i expected more from him. He had a great playoff series that i thought was going to be his coming out party to being an all star and one of the better scorers in the league but it just never really happened.

I thought Ben would be an absolute star; a 25ppg scorer. He had his moments when he was unstoppable but those moments were few and far between. Still, 10 years in the pros and an assload of money is a hell of a career.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I thought Ben would be an absolute star; a 25ppg scorer. He had his moments when he was unstoppable but those moments were few and far between. Still, 10 years in the pros and an assload of money is a hell of a career.

Those are fair expectations for a #3 pick.

Reaction Score
Love me some Ben Gordon. There used to be a guy named @gordonwasgreat on here. Literally every time I saw the guy post, I thought, "yeah. He was great."

Reaction Score
it would be straight up lazy for him to be crap the last 3-4 years of his career then retire at 32 after no serious injuries, but if he entered the nba to chase a check good for him.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
it would be straight up lazy for him to be crap the last 3-4 years of his career then retire at 32 after no serious injuries, but if he entered the nba to chase a check good for him.
He made more money in the last 11 years than 99.99999999% of boneyard posters. He worked his ass off to get there. Are you really going to call him lazy for wanting to cash in his chips and live on easy street for the next 60 years? Which one of us wouldn't choose that path if we had it available? I sure as f$ck would.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If melo wasn't on the Knicks Id say get him and let him shoot whenever and wherever

Reaction Score
73+M in his NBA career, not including endorsements. I would say he did very well for himself.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
If melo wasn't on the Knicks Id say get him and let him shoot whenever and wherever

it KILLS me to wish this on him, but the knicks need a SG, not a big $$$ drop, and it's essentially hometown. There could be a worse scenario.

Reaction Score
He made more money in the last 11 years than 99.99999999% of boneyard posters. He worked his ass off to get there. Are you really going to call him lazy for wanting to cash in his chips and live on easy street for the next 60 years? Which one of us wouldn't choose that path if we had it available? I sure as f$ck would.
Only retire AFTER you've suffered a serious injury, duh!

Because who cares about being optimally healthy so as to be active with your children as long as possible?

Reaction Score
it KILLS me to wish this on him, but the knicks need a SG, not a big $$$ drop, and it's essentially hometown. There could be a worse scenario.

at this point BG would be fortunate to have any team want him at the vet minimum, he's not really in a situation to be picky. When Orl signed him last year most of the NBA media scribes were shocked he got the deal that he did.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Bulls Ben Gordon was something special to watch, and they loved him in Chi-town. Hell, they called him Ben Jordan at one point. That series with the Celtics was a thing of beauty - one of the best of the past decade. His decision to go to Detroit, the black-hole for NBA careers, was such a bummer.

Reaction Score
I sure would to, but i just feel like he could have left on a better note. people will remember his terrible cha/detroit/orlando years/poison pill contracts than his exceptional ability to play basketball.

Reaction Score
I agree. Absolutely no knock on Ben. He was and always will be one of my very favorite UConn guys especially when I think of some of the games he had at MSG. BUT, every time I watch Steph Curry play I can't help but wonder. That is really what I expected from Ben year in and year out. At any rate whatever he does all of the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom