Beckett, Ellsbury, Cook in trade rumors | The Boneyard

Beckett, Ellsbury, Cook in trade rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Reds have been talking to the Sox about Ellsbury, Texas and the Dodgers about Beckett and I forgot which team is inquiring about Cook. These are just rumors at this point but who knows.

Reaction Score
Climbing back in though may not pull any triggers unless they are offers they can't refuse!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No reason not to keep Ellsbury for the next two years. I don't trust Cherington to get top dollar back for him.

Reaction Score
No reason not to keep Ellsbury for the next two years. I don't trust Cherington to get top dollar back for him.
I don't think Ben will do much, if anything. He has been mostly idle so far. Jacoby is the one player with good value but because Boros is his agent, anyone interested in him will realize that they are probably renting him for this year and next. He becomes a free agent in 2014. My hope has been that the Sox can somehow sign him to a five year contract loaded with incentives. He can be the best center fielder in baseball when he is healthy.

Beckett is also not likely to go anywhere. If he has a good outing tonight the Sox will probably pull his name from the market. If he has another stinker, no one will be interested with his salary. The one player who could get them something, although not much, is Shoppach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom