Beat ECU or UCF or Cincy at home | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Beat ECU or UCF or Cincy at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The thing with SMU is they are getting absolutely sod~omized without lube. They are a very young team, this is not the team we played last year. I think that's a W.
You're probably right...but if SMU can give us headaches with the pass rush its gonna be a fight. Both teams suck horrendously.

Reaction Score
I predicted 8-5, I thought we'd be bowling as recently as two weeks ago.

There's one game left on the schedule I think we should feel confident about, SMU.

Talk of bowling is as pointless as talk about Boyle.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Stick to basketball. You're in over your head here.
Just because my name says CTBasketball, doesn't mean I haven't been watching the football team since 1999. Just sayin'...

If we let a high school team get to Whitmer chances are he'll throw picks. Its simple. He sucks under pressure and the line just flat out is garbage. Diaco is looking to do a patchwork/band-aid type fix and survive the season - that will translate to losses and interceptions and fumbles.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Just because my name says CTBasketball, doesn't mean I haven't been watching the football team since 1999. Just sayin'...

If we let a high school team get to Whitmer chances are he'll throw picks. Its simple. He sucks under pressure and the line just flat out is garbage. Diaco is looking to do a patchwork/band-aid type fix and survive the season - that will translate to losses and interceptions and fumbles.

Yeah - you are so knowledgable about it - its all Whitmers fault - nothing to do with any of the other 10 players on the field or playing calling.

Bang up job on determining the issue of UConn FB.

Since you have been watching since 1999 you must have seen Boyle go 1-4, and throw a pick Saturday afternoon against the Temple Scout Team.

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for someone to point out a QB who doesn't suck under the type of pressure Whitmer faces on a weekly basis.

Before you answer Cochran, he played for a different line, in a different system. In his only game with this line and in this system he threw 0 TDs and 1 interception.

Reaction Score

Since you have been watching since 1999 you must have seen Boyle go 1-4, and throw a pick Saturday afternoon against the Temple Scout Team.

Jaysus you guys are too much - the original poster starts at thread about UConn going bowling this year, yet you jump over this poor hoops guy for being a no-nothing. Wow, tough crowd here.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
WingU-Conn said:
I'm still waiting for someone to point out a QB who doesn't suck under the type of pressure Whitmer faces on a weekly basis.

Before you answer Cochran, he played for a different line, in a different system. In his only game with this line and in this system he threw 0 TDs and 1 interception.

And a career ending concussion. Whitmer is taking a beating. Kid deserves a ton of credit for answering the bell every week.

Reaction Score
And a career ending concussion. Whitmer is taking a beating. Kid deserves a ton of credit for answering the bell every week.

yep. The poor guy is getting arsef ucked by a pineapple every week, but it's all his fault. Sheesh.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Jaysus you guys are too much - the original poster starts at thread about UConn going bowling this year, yet you jump over this poor hoops guy for being a no-nothing. Wow, tough crowd here.

:-(

At least the OP was being optimistic - the FB follower from 1999 not so much. The continuous bashing a college kid trying his hardest is getting old.

Chandler and Omar Calhoun should get together for a few beers...they have something in common unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Memphis, Cincinnati, ECU, SMU, and Tulane won't have trouble beating us. All they have to do is rush the QB and we lose. The defense will bend and break and it'll be a 30 to 10-15ish score. Army will blow us out dude. They put up 21 pts against Wake Forest. We've put up 21pts once all year...

They also lost to Yale

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Yeah - you are so knowledgable about it - its all Whitmers fault - nothing to do with any of the other 10 players on the field or playing calling.

If you read my post I said the O-Line was worthless. Play calling also sucks. The only bright spot on this team is Arkeel because he is the only "football" player on the roster. The rest are just garbage recruits that PP brought in and Diaco is trying to patchwork a bunch of D2 players to put together a decent football team. Its a mix of personnel and coaching.

Confident Carl said:
They also lost to Yale
Yale would beat us right now.

Reaction Score
Essential for us to go bowling.

A win in one of those games would go along way to believing that we are on the right track.

We aren't good enough to out play them, we'll need to play mistake free and get some of the breaks that have gone against us to fall out way. Probably need a +3 TO ratio to win.

Tulane, Memphis, Army & SMU are all winnable.

I can't even fathom a bowl right now. If we somehow scraped together 4-5 wins I would be happy.

Reaction Score
The only bright spot on this team is Arkeel because he is the only "football" player on the roster. The rest are just garbage recruits that PP brought in and Diaco is trying to patchwork a bunch of D2 players to put together a decent football team.

Whats that old saying? "When you find yourself in a hole, keep digging."

Bonehead

Reaction Score
If you read my post I said the O-Line was worthless. Play calling also sucks. The only bright spot on this team is Arkeel because he is the only "football" player on the roster. The rest are just garbage recruits that PP brought in and Diaco is trying to patchwork a bunch of D2 players to put together a decent football team. Its a mix of personnel and coaching.

"Garbage Recruits" - nice...

GO TEAM!!

Reaction Score

A win in one of those games would go along way to believing that we are on the right track.

We aren't good enough to out play them, we'll need to play mistake free and get some of the breaks that have gone against us to fall out way. Probably need a +3 TO ratio to win.

ECU, UCF, and Cincy are going to lay the wood on us...

Just don't see UConn staying close in those games especialy with our penchant for killer turnovers.

We might have a shot at the other 4 but definitely need to eliminate shooting ourselves in the foot..

And it can't rain for any of those games.

Reaction Score
Honest to god (can I say that here?), am i the only one who is frigging tired of "fans" who claim they support the program and then take pot shots at kids who aren't old enough to vote? Being a fan is easy when the team wins - we're all fans when times are good. Now is the time when the fans have to step up. Stop your frigging whing, stop calling kids who are playing a sport at a level you could only dream of garbage or stop saying I'm a fan. We're taking 2 very painful steps back so we can get 4 steps ahead. This ain't about going 6-6, this ain't about being stuck in the aac, this is about building up every resource so we are more ready then we were in the past, so every excuse comes crumbling down.

Oh, and as for the topic of bowling this year ..... I am reminded of a press conference from Jim More Sr.

Reaction Score
Honest to god (can I say that here?), am i the only one who is frigging tired of "fans" who claim they support the program and then take pot shots at kids who aren't old enough to vote?

maybe that's the problem, we need kids older than 18.

Reaction Score

I spread your stuff on the garden in the fall.

Reaction Score
Memphis, Cincinnati, ECU, SMU, and Tulane won't have trouble beating us. All they have to do is rush the QB and we lose. The defense will bend and break and it'll be a 30 to 10-15ish score. Army will blow us out dude. They put up 21 pts against Wake Forest. We've put up 21pts once all year...

Regarding Army, primarily as running team, we've shown our front 7 handles the ground game extremely well. Army is winnable provided we get the offense untracked. The Army air attack won't test our secondary.
UCONN 21- Army 10

SMU will not get untracked this year. They can't play here in December as Memphis could not last year. Offense gets untracked by December
UCONN 24- SMU 7

Tulane is a tossup. Our defensive front 7shuts them down.
Special teams nod to UCONN and Puyol.
UCONN 10- Tulane 7

ECU 50 - 7 at the half..... .......call it a day.

Forget the rest....
Final record 4 & 8.....

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Really nice post CT Basketball. Feeling proud of yourself....hey..understand taking a wack at play calling etc...but calling our players "garbage recruits"...wow-maybe you need to look little more inward, or find a new team
or go root for the Jets, Yankees, Red Sox, Pats or Giants. There are radio shows for guys like you (WEEI -in Beantown comes to mind) ...'garbage recruits'.

Reaction Score

You lost me at mistake free.Were You vacationing in Colorado,and did You bring back some of that wack tobbacy

A win in one of those games would go along way to believing that we are on the right track.en't good enough to out play them, we'll need to play mistake free and get some of the breaks that have gone against us to fall out way. Probably need a +3 TO ratio to win.

You lost me at mistake free.Were You vacationing in Colorado,and did You bring back some of that wacky tobacky ??

Reaction Score
You lost me at mistake free.Were You vacationing in Colorado,and did You bring back some of that wack tobbacy

You lost me at mistake free.Were You vacationing in Colorado,and did You bring back some of that wacky tobacky ??

He lost me at "bowling".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99