BE hits Home Run with Aresco | The Boneyard

BE hits Home Run with Aresco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love the hire - best thing to happen to us since the day we announced the Fiesta Bowl. Everything has been downhill since then...till now.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm not real well-versed in the conference re-alignment pros and cons aside from the general perception that the "new" Big East is left kind of scrambling. Everything I've read about Aresco's hiring has been positive so I chose to believe that.

I guess my question is, how loyal do you think UConn is to the conference? If the ACC or Big Ten called tomorrow would we be gone? Could this hire, coupled with a generous TV contract, keep us from giving in to out of conference poaching?

Reaction Score
Former Lurker - good question. IMO a "great" offer (what ever great means) will be accompanied by some kind of assurance that the NNBE schools will not jump ship. If it's a crummy offer, then there's no way the schools will sign up for the loyalty oath. What is a great offer and what is a crummy offer lie in the eyes of the individual schools. In any case, IMO there is no way the NNBE will get a great offer unless it is accompanied by the loyalty oath.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If the Big 10 called - I mean come on that's a question?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If the Big 10 called - I mean come on that's a question?

I agree bro, just trying to get a concensus of what the rest here are feeling.

Also, just saw you posted on the realignment board pretty much the same question earlier today. Fairly new here and don't know how to merge the threads (if it's possible). Not trying to rob your post my friend, we're obviously thinking the same way on this and have the same concerns.

Reaction Score
I think it is evident these schools are set up to continue developing for the future. Any of these schools, maybe besides Temple and Navy, can win a national championship within the Big East at some point. It's is definitely possible we can get paid more than the ACC. The length of contracts are too long.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree bro, just trying to get a concensus of what the rest here are feeling.

Also, just saw you posted on the realignment board pretty much the same question earlier today. Fairly new here and don't know how to merge the threads (if it's possible). Not trying to rob your post my friend, we're obviously thinking the same way on this and have the same concerns.

Wasn't me. That thread was on ACC, which some might debate but I don't think we have anyone crazy enough to debate Big 10

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Wasn't me. That thread was on ACC, which some might debate but I don't think we have anyone crazy enough to debate Big 10

I honestly didn't read the post too closely, my eye caught "with an offer to join the conference, would you accept?" In my defense, my original post mentioned both the ACC and Big 10, my bad though.

Reaction Score
We're gone at the first opportunity unless there is some sort of sea change. I wish Aresco luck, but he may have gotten here too late.

Reaction Score
He has the potential to be a visionary. He is going to make sure Big East college football is on national TV all the time around and on the weekend. He left a powerful job to become the commissioner of our conference. The football programs in the Big East are all good quality. We do have signature wins. Super Bowl champion Charlie Weis of the Patriots (and Giants) in his house. (Four freaking Super Bowl rings!) We need to fix our scholarship offer letters' appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom