BC is Irrelevant | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BC is Irrelevant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BC hoops is absolutely and totally duck*ed. They will see the tourney about one in every 10-15 years on average.

Adazio I really like, but we are about to see what he does with his own recruits. He did an excellent job with a seasoned OL and some key transfers the last two season....excellent job. That all changes this season and he could be in for a tough stretch the next couple of seasons. That all said, I would have loved to have seen him as UCONN's coach.

Reaction Score
BC hoops is absolutely and totally duck*ed. They will see the tourney about one in every 10-15 years on average.

Adazio I really like, but we are about to see what he does with his own recruits. He did an excellent job with a seasoned OL and some key transfers the last two season....excellent job. That all changes this season and he could be in for a tough stretch the next couple of seasons. That all said, I would have loved to have seen him as UCONN's coach.

He would have loved that, too.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
"Notre Dame is coming to Boston - but the game will be played at Fenway Park and it will be an ND home game."

/THREAD ...

Reaction Score
Yep, ND moves one of its home games every year from Notre Dame Stadium to somewhere else (Shamrock Series).

This year, it is the Fenway Park game. BC gets the same 5,000 seats that it would get at Notre Dame Stadium.

The game will be on NBC.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I love the title of this thread and that even though it's a month old, it still sits in the top 10 threads in terms of the last time a comment was made. It gets that occasional resuscitation to keep it around, much like I'm doing now. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
I love the title of this thread and that even though it's a month old, it still sits in the top 10 threads in terms of the last time a comment was made. It gets that occasional resuscitation to keep it around, much like I'm doing now. Good stuff.

The only time BC is relevant is when discussing their irrelevance.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Adazio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pasqualoni
Adazo>Diaco? Jury is still out.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
BS College is irrelevant? Tell us something we don't know.

Reaction Score
BC is relevant on one channel that I watch....the History Channel.

Reaction Score
Adazio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pasqualoni
Adazo>Diaco? Jury is still out.

I knew that 20 years ago. Pasqualoni - CHS Assist Football Coach 1972-75, 0 CT State Football titles. Addazio - CHS Head Football Coach 1988-1994, 3 State titles (plus 1 loss in final). After all, high school is what counts :cool:

Reaction Score
Me too, but not in Storrs (or East Hartford.) I think that's the point.

The game is not at Chestnut Hill. The equivalent arrangement in CT would be for ND to move a home game to Yale Bowl, invite UConn and provide the AD with 5000 tickets to sell at a price that is set by UConn. The game played Saturday afternoon or prime time on NBC. You would be against our team playing that game?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The game is not at Chestnut Hill. The equivalent arrangement in CT would be for ND to move a home game to Yale Bowl, invite UConn and provide the AD with 5000 tickets to sell at a price that is set by UConn. The game played Saturday afternoon or prime time on NBC. You would be against our team playing that game?
Playing an in state game at another university's stadium and making it home a game for an out of state opponent? Yep, I'd be against that. Playing ND up at Gillette or Fenway? Sign me up, depending on the gate and concession split.

Reaction Score
Ouchee...Notre Dame is playing BC in Fenway Park in November...but it is a Notre Dame home game

But, if you are a BC fan trying to buy tickets through the BC ticket office....bring bags of greenbacks...

A minimum donation of $5000 for two seats....$25,000 for four seats.....

Stub Hub has to be the way to go....

http://www.bceagles.com/NDTix.html

Reaction Score
This helps with the B1G strategy in a sense. They are interested in all of New England, not just CT. There is no loyalty to BC in NE, whereas UConn could become a larger interest area for the BTN and UConn athlectics in general. I could see one requirement from the B1G is that 1 home game be played at Gillette or MetLife until UConn capacity is 50k or larger. Maybe from OSU, Mich, Penn St, Nebraska, Wisconsin or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom