Baylor's top current win streak is alive, and other WBB factoids | The Boneyard

Baylor's top current win streak is alive, and other WBB factoids

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Found these factoids checking through a few WBB sites.

• Baylor still has top current winning streak. It's kind of odd that Baylor has lost two games this season but only this week has had one of its Venue top winning streaks ended, the home streak against UConn on Monday. The Bears still own the longest current road winning streak at 29, though ND can tie them with a very expected win at Pitt tonight. Baylor's earlier game against KY in Dallas was considered a neutral court game and did not affect any venue streaks. UConn of course has the longest overall winning streak at 24, while Chattanooga now has assumed the top home winning streak at 32. UConn is down the list on the home and the away streak standings at 9th and 6th with streaks of 14 and 6 respectively, though if a neutral court streak list was kept I guess UConn would be in the lead at 9.
  • You don't have to lose to drop in the rankings. While checking up on Stewie's old Cicero-North Syracuse team (who are doing nicely with a 7-2 record), I noticed that they had edged a decent Immaculate Heart (NJ) team that also just lost to NY's top team, Nazareth of Brooklyn. I also saw that Nazareth had actually dropped a place in the ESPNw HS national hoops rankings despite the win over IH and another less good team. It appears that a Texas team was moved ahead of them for beating two hapless sad sacks who frequently lose by 30-50 points. The combined margin of 167-33 in the two games supposedly showed that Manvel TX was a better team than Nazareth. Just sad.
  • The bottom feeders will have their day. Illinois is widely rated as the worst team in the B1G and is the only team in the conference with an overall losing record. But the Illini are tops in one national category -- biggest winning margin of the year. They took out Alcorn State by 84 points back in November by 112-28. UConn doesn't even make the top 10 on that list with a measly 60 point margin against UC-Irvine being the biggest, but other top teams like Duke, UNC, USCar, Baylor, and Tennessee do get top spots on the sadists' lineup. On the UConn stats page, the Huskies' second biggest margin of 58 is listed as having come against Baylor, which I'm sure will set ETT off in a tizzy. I believe it was Boston University that was meant, but heck they're both BU's, so either will do.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I predict UCONN will schedule a home and home series with Chattanooga in order to break the Mocs home winning streak. :p

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I predict UCONN will schedule a home and home series with Chattanooga in order to break the Mocs home winning streak. :p
They may have to. The Mocs are very unlikely to lose a conference game at home, and UTenn didn't take care of business last year when they got knocked off by Chattanooga in the season opener. For some reason Chattanooga and Middle Tennessee don't schedule games against each other, which you would think would be a natural for two pretty good TN mid majors.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
How does Baylor have 29 road wins? Didn't they lose to Louisville on the road last season? Or does postseason not count?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
How does Baylor have 29 road wins? Didn't they lose to Louisville on the road last season? Or does postseason not count?
All NCAA tourney games after the first two rounds (in some years) are neutral court games. Some years all of the tourney games have been neutral court games for some or all teams. So Baylor's last two losses prior to Monday's had been on a neutral court, and the loss before that was the one at Stanford early last year.

Reaction Score
All NCAA tourney games after the first two rounds (in some years) are neutral court games. Some years all of the tourney games have been neutral court games for some or all teams. So Baylor's last two losses prior to Monday's had been on a neutral court, and the loss before that was the one at Stanford early last year.

I could be wrong but I think their loss to Stanford last year was in Hawaii for some kind of Tournament or something. So both loses last year would be at neutral sites.... I think.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I think their loss to Stanford last year was in Hawaii for some kind of Tournament or something. So both loses last year would be at neutral sites.... I think.
You are indeed right. Prior to Monday, the last three Baylor losses were considered neutral court games. Their last away loss from which the current streak is running goes back to Feb. 2011 in Griner's sophomore year with a loss at Texas Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom