Baylor vs KState on FS2 now | The Boneyard

Baylor vs KState on FS2 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Game is just starting. This is my first look at Baylor this season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
KState defense is frustrating Baylor early. These are two good looking teams so far - good passing and spacing. Baylor is having a tough time with TOs though.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Baylor is getting good shots but they don't go down. It's 8-2 KState. Could a Baylor fan weigh in (if any are here) on whether BU is comfortable with the uptempo game? Doesn't seem to be a problem early but if I were a coach, I'd push tempo to wear out the big kids.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Note to NCAA - play zone against Baylor.

KState is up 14-9 but they're missing too many shots. But Baylor keeps turning over the ball, many are unforced TOs, which is helping KState keep the lead.

Boy, Mompremier (sp?) is big. The KState big, Lewis, has been able to get around her fairly easily, though.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Baylor stiffened its D and started hitting shots - bang, bang, bang - and has its first lead, 22-21.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ah, KState coach is Jeff Mittie, I had forgotten. He's good coach that's made some positive changes at KState.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is a pretty good game, if anyone has FS2. Baylor leads 26-23 but KState has the ball. Baylor has more talent but KState is really scrappy and is making Baylor play hard to maintain its lead.

Now 26-25.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The low score is due to KAState's defense flustering Baylor plus the turnovers and KState either missing a shot or turning over the ball on a shot clock violation.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kim M. must buy up all the sparkly clothes in Texas. I don't mean that as an insult. I like sparkly things myself but not quite at that...volume.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
KState hanging in there, down 36-31 midway through the third quarter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A flagrant foul on Baylor's Brown for her bear-hug defense on Lewis. But Lewis missed her FTs and turned over the ball, very unfortunate.

Baylor up 39-31.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
A flagrant foul on Baylor's Brown for her bear-hug defense on Lewis. But Lewis missed her FTs and turned over the ball, very unfortunate.

Baylor up 39-31.
I didn't watch it, but had taped it. Probably won't. Watched the Ohio State game (great game) and then watched OK crush Iowa State.

As to Mittie, yes, I think he has the ability. Years ago Rutgers played him in the tourney and I remember Vivian saying he had a little gimmick in his offense that was different from anyone else. No idea if he still does.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Baylor is very comfortable in a fast tempo. Texas tried to play fast with them and just couldn't handle the pace.

Good job by K-State, making this a game and holding Baylor to 63 points. Few teams have held them to such a low point total this year.

K-State will be in the tournament, IMO. Probably a 10 seed.

Reaction Score
Nan,
What were your thoughts about Baylor's bigs? I haven't seen Baylor this year but Brown is 6'7", isn't she? As the ESPN bracket speculations are now we will have to beat Maryland, Baylor and the winner of SC/ND.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I didn't watch it, but had taped it. Probably won't. Watched the Ohio State game (great game) and then watched OK crush Iowa State.

As to Mittie, yes, I think he has the ability. Years ago Rutgers played him in the tourney and I remember Vivian saying he had a little gimmick in his offense that was different from anyone else. No idea if he still does.
I didn't notice anything in particular about the offensive schemes but I was watching individual player rather than focusing on schemes. Mittie is in only his second season at KState so he might not be doing anything really complicated on offense yet.

Nan,
What were your thoughts about Baylor's bigs? I haven't seen Baylor this year but Brown is 6'7", isn't she? As the ESPN bracket speculations are now we will have to beat Maryland, Baylor and the winner of SC/ND.
I thought Beatrice Mompremier (6-4 freshman) seemed a bit overwhelmed in this game. She had some good rebounds but her positioning and defense were freshman-like. It's hard to tell anything about a player based on one game so I'll reserve judgment.

Kalani Brown (6-7 freshman), who I mistakenly identified as Mompremier yesterday, is big and, again, had some freshman moments, losing her man in the lane and getting late to her spot - hence the bear hug on defense. But she has really good energy and worked hard for rebounds. In this particular game she was definitely more of a presence in the lane than her counterpart, Mompremier. However, Kansas State's 6-5 Breanna Lewis, a junior, didn't have much trouble going around her and Lewis had a great game, scoring 20 points.

Neither of these kids can guard Stewie or Morgan but then, who can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom