Battle of the Bottom Feeders | The Boneyard

Battle of the Bottom Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have we hit rock bottom?

We're going to find out. USF and Pitt are also winless in conference. USF gets Syracuse this week, and PItt gets Temple, while we're off.

Then we get USF and PItt in consecutive weeks.

Lets get ready rumble!!!!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Liked it only for the Jean-Luc Picard clip.

Reaction Score
Get me to December.........

Only question right now, is if come December 2nd, we've set a record for futility. Our worst season since joining BCS level competition, was 2006, when we won only 1 conference game. We've won at least two conference games every other season since joining the Big East - the first year 2004, being the last year that dynamic duo coached in the Big East, prior to coming to UConn.

We have never gone winless in conference play as a Big East member, but we're at the point of no return right now, after the next game, the finish line is closer than the start, and we're going on the road - again, where we are 2-7 so far with the dynamic duo. Wins against Buffalo last year, and Maryland this year Imagine where we'd be if the end of that Maryland game had turned out slighlty different and Nick Williams hadn't caught that pass at Buffalo from JMac. Yeesh.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Have we hit rock bottom?

We're going to find out. USF and Pitt are also winless in conference. USF gets Syracuse this week, and PItt gets Temple, while we're off.

Then we get USF and PItt in consecutive weeks.

Lets get ready rumble!!!!

You've seen BC's program, right? We are still a ways from the bottom.

We lost to a team that beat Stony Brook. They lost to a team that lost to Stony Brook.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Energy Suckers

I can't believe how I feel about this program right now ZooCougar. I simply can't believe where I'm at. The only positive things I can come up with, are that we've got some good younger players on the roster, that I"m sure want to get out on the field and show they can play, and we've got a program, that has the attractiveness, with facilities, adn with payroll, and with stability in the university structure, to hopefully attract the kinds of coaches that can really move this program forward into the future.

I don't know how many speechless double face palms I did on Friday night. Countless. I might have done forty on the first two offensive plays from scrimmage.

Reaction Score
But - looking at the positive - if we win either of the next two games, ( I can't bring myself to think about actually winning two in a row)....if we can win just one, we can make an argument, that we might not be the worst team in the conference.

Reaction Score
But - looking at the positive - if we win either of the next two games, ( I can't bring myself to think about actually winning two in a row)....if we can win just one, we can make an argument, that we might not be the worst team in the conference.

Wow, you stole the Syracusefan.com posters' manifesto from 2005-2008? ;)

Bottomline: Bad losses are never as bad as they seem.

I just couldn't fathom Coach P punting when trying to make a very makeable 4th down situation was your best chance to try to win in the 2nd half? Same old Coach P.

Syracuse's defense is very good against the run 4 games running now...giving up 50 yards on average. Our DL for the first time since 2001 has depth and is nasty good. Good luck the rest of the way...a bowl game is a long shot but until you get 7 in the loss column it is still there.

Reaction Score
per Big East football

UConn @ USF on 11/3/12: 7:00pm kickoff ESPNU

The bottom feeder bowl on TV for our national television redemption?

Reaction Score
Is that time confirmed ?

Yes.

BIG EAST Football‏@BigEastFB

11/3 time/TV update: Syracuse at Cincinnati at noon on BIG EAST Network; Temple at Louisville at noon on ABC; UConn at USF at 7 pm on ESPNU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom