Battle Line: ACC Vs. BIG with UConn possibly in the middle | The Boneyard

Battle Line: ACC Vs. BIG with UConn possibly in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reading through many of the posts throughout the boards listed under Conference Realignment, there are many who want UConn in their respective conference. I thought instead of having every thread follow this mantra from all of our friends and haters, that they could use this thread to pose their arguments.

My view is that UConn is in a tug of war of sorts, those that are pro ACC for UConn and those that are Pro Big for UConn. Some want UConn to be in their conference while others would rather see us in the other guys conference. One commonality I have found with most of the postings is that many feel UConn deserves to be in a P5. UConn could I suppose end up in the B12 and any fans that want to make that case, we would love to hear from you.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Nobody tell any of our B1G, ACC, or B12 friends that the only case they need to make for us to join is "because we asked".

Reaction Score
Not really, IMO. Because if you asked a typical Yarder if they wanted to go to the ACC or B1G, the answer would be "Yes".
Your right but I wasn't talking about the typical Yarder or more specifically a UConn Husky fan. I was implying that from other message boards from schools in the BIG to schools that have left us behind in Conference RE-Alignment have an opinion about UConn. So sure, I agree that we would take an invite from any P5 conference but I was looking to see what fans from the P5 conferences seem to give us the most support or the most hate. If I was to include in that - conference administration officials, I suspect the opinions would change as the facts would be presented differently. I also find that other conferences offer an indifference to UConn. So that was what this was about, a sort of what are others thinking or saying about UConn when it comes to realignment. Just a curious exercise to see if your average fan can truly move the needle on realignment. Afterall its about viewers. My opinion is that it can't, but there maybe other facts that lie hidden that may present themselves to the other conferences before it breaks here on the Boneyard. ...And our visiting friends are looking to share their opinion and on this subject, I thought it appropriate to have them have their arguments here.

...and this was also a way to address the ACC fans (including ND -as they now play them 5 times/year) or BIG Fans that are visiting the Boneyard a forum to present their arguments without taking over all the other threads with a similar rhetoric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom