Baseball Weekend Series @ Kennesaw State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baseball Weekend Series @ Kennesaw State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unable to post last night as I went straight from the game to the Billy Joel concert in town. Turned out to be a great day. Kay was absolutely dominant. KSU maybe hit 2 balls out of the infield the entire 8+ innings. Once again felt like the batters were very patient at the plate. Davey and McDowell both hit bombs over the left field fence. Vinny Siena is seeing the ball very well as he seems to be ripping everything to left field on a line. The defense was great, turned a couple of double plays and Daniello had a nice bear hand scoop and throw out on a bunt attempt. They added a few stolen bases and as a whole just look really sharp these first 2 games.
Hopefully can get the sweep today. I think the cold temps down here are helping to our advantage as well.
Will try to take a few pictures today and get them posted out here. Haven't done it before so will see how it goes. I had a few KSU fans come up to me after the game and say UConn looks very good so we know the opposition is impressed.

Reaction Score
Tabakman in trouble in the bottom of the sixth. Kennesaw State now leading 6-1.

Reaction Score
With UConn trailing 6-1 going into the bottom of the 7th, Max Slade is coming in to get some work out of the bullpen.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Kennesaw State has a 3 game series with UAB this weekend in Kennesaw. UAB holds an 8-2 record (sweeps of WMU and Savannah State as well as 2 out of 3 against Ohio State). Hopefully KSU can take 2 out of 3 or sweep so as to bolster UConn's SOS and number of quality wins.

FAU is 9-2 after sweeping Monmouth (Monmouth is now 0-6, but FAU did outscore them 29-5) so that sweep will hopefully not end up as 3 bad losses. Hard to find silver lining in being swept but UConn had 2 losses by 1 run each including one in extra innings. If FAU turns out to be a legitimate top 30 team that's encouraging, especially factoring in the normal early season funk UConn has due to playing inside all winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom