UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
Good film. Check him out this spring, if time allows, and let us know what you see.

Reaction Score
Someone please confirm that Zanghi is signed and committed to UCONN. He seems like a big time player who can really help us at an important position (catcher) where we desperately need help.

Recruiting seems to be going good so far.

Reaction Score
Im friends with a family member of Joe Zhnghi on Facebook and they were congratulating him for signing with UCONN last week.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i like what i saw from the trumbull kids vids posted. it looks like hes at ist in that vid. thats where i came thru years ago with a couple other kids. the guy running the show is the man! hes a uconn guy and a great person in the baseball world. i'll leave it at that.

Reaction Score
Someone please confirm that Zanghi is signed and committed to UCONN. He seems like a big time player who can really help us at an important position (catcher) where we desperately need help.

Recruiting seems to be going good so far.
Today's NH Register listed 5-6 area players who signed LOI's in various sports for next year. Zanghi was listed as signing with UConn for baseball.
Man, to get baseball recruiting info it's like pulling teeth. We still don't know all of the frosh class that's already in school.
Penders lists 20 players coming back. He doesn't list the current frosh, yet. We do know of 10-11 recruits who should already be enrolled. That leaves the possibility of 4-5 more if we go to the 35 player max.

Reaction Score
Junior, Aaron Hill, ss from Fitch H.S. in Groton to UConn. signed with a partial scolly. Started as a frosh. Fitch won class L last year. Smooth player.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
guys, it is great how far recruiting has come the past 5 years for us isn't it? and its also sweet that we have a solid group here following it...

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Interesting that of the 12 incoming Freshmen, only 3 are from CT. I haven't paid too much attention to this in the past but it seems like 25% is a little low. For comparison, 5 of the 6 2nd year players, 4 out of 7 3rd year players, 4 out of 6 4th year players, and 1 of the 2 5th year Seniors are from CT. Down year for CT talent? Or an indication of an increased ability to get more talented players elsewhere. I wouldn't necessarily think that because most of the 12 are from nearby states (only exception being Radue from Wisconsin who looks like he could be a big time get for Penders).

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
It's hard to tell without a wealth of free recruiting services out there for baseball, but it looks like we have some serious pitching recruits coming in this year. Radue and Colletti seem to be able to bring some heat if the websites are to be believed. I am assuming that if they say they have been clocked at 89, they sit between 86-88. But that is as of last year.

I think Barnes was only throwing in the upper 80's when he was a Senior and we saw how that worked out. Obviously not everyone matures the same way but Radue has a 6'4 frame and Colletti is a Lefty so if they can get into the 92-94 and 90-92 ranges respectively they could both have very impressive fastballs for the college (especially Big East level if that is where we remain).

Reaction Score
I don't think it was a down year for talent in CT, it wasnt a great year but it also wasn't a bad year. There were a few kids who wanted to go play out of state (the "Southern school" influence) or had other influences (grades,etc) pull them in different directions. The 25% seems a little bit low but that is only because we brought in a large class compared to other years and CT as a small state only has so much D1 talent until you have to go looking outside the borders for recruits.

Reaction Score
Interesting that of the 12 incoming Freshmen, only 3 are from CT. I haven't paid too much attention to this in the past but it seems like 25% is a little low. For comparison, 5 of the 6 2nd year players, 4 out of 7 3rd year players, 4 out of 6 4th year players, and 1 of the 2 5th year Seniors are from CT. Down year for CT talent? Or an indication of an increased ability to get more talented players elsewhere. I wouldn't necessarily think that because most of the 12 are from nearby states (only exception being Radue from Wisconsin who looks like he could be a big time get for Penders).
We did get the CT gatorade player of the year in this class. Plus, Sienna was NH Register area POY. Fear not, however, regarding CT recruits. From what I see, for 2013, we have 7 recruits coming in from within the state.

Reaction Score
candidly.... i beleive his high school teammates greg grundle and tommy taint are more highly touted

Reaction Score
Here's a new commit according to pgcrosschecker.com. His name is Trevor Holmes a catcher from Gov. Drummer Acad., in Mass.
He's 6'1" 205LBS. , other than that, I know nothing about him.
Anyone have any further info on him?

Reaction Score
pgcrosschecker.com is reporting that a rising RHP has committed to UConn. I don't have a subscription there. Anyone know who this might be.

Reaction Score
pgcrosschecker.com is reporting that a rising RHP has committed to UConn. I don't have a subscription there. Anyone know who this might be.
Ronnie Rossomando 6'5" from Stratford's Bunnell H.S. Think its a 2015 commit

Reaction Score
Everything I hear is that he throws gas. By far the best pro prospect in the state by the time he graduates.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Good get by Penders now lets keep putting the gates up around the state!

Reaction Score
Checked into this kid. He's only in his soph year at Bunnell. He won 6 games and struck out 60+ in 40+ innings. Against Tom Milone's Masuk team he shut them down , as a frosh, except for a tremendous HR by Milone. The article in the CT Post praised both Rossomando & Milone.
But, Mr. Rossomando isn't yet listed in pgcrosschecker.com's data base. They only list 2013 & 2014 recruits. The 2013 recruits are for all to see, but 2014 are only for subscribers. They do say UConn has 1 commit for 2014. For 2013 they list 11 players that all can view. Taylor Olmstead and Aaron Hill aren't in their data base.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom