Baseball - 2016 Lineup Projections? | The Boneyard

Baseball - 2016 Lineup Projections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It's the middle of the summer, I'm bored and this is what's on my mind for some reason...

C-LeFevre/Susi
1B-Melley
2B-Hill
3B-Yahn
SS-Siena
LF-Buckley
CF-Sundberg
RF-Stefanski
DH-DeRoche-Duffin

My memory on this is a little fuzzy, but can someone clarify whether or not DeRoche-Duffin will be exclusively pitching next season or doing double duty?

Obviously, corner OF are our huge worries. I feel like Olmstead will be in the mix simply due to the power potential, but I think next year all we get from his is Testani-type production. Our only other returning position players as of right now are Lamberti and Garabedian. Also wondering if Malandro will get any opportunities as a true freshman bat off the bench, although that seems unlikely.

Reaction Score
It's the middle of the summer, I'm bored and this is what's on my mind for some reason...

C-LeFevre/Susi
1B-Melley
2B-Hill
3B-Yahn
SS-Siena
LF-Buckley
CF-Sundberg
RF-Stefanski
DH-DeRoche-Duffin

My memory on this is a little fuzzy, but can someone clarify whether or not DeRoche-Duffin will be exclusively pitching next season or doing double duty?

Obviously, corner OF are our huge worries. I feel like Olmstead will be in the mix simply due to the power potential, but I think next year all we get from his is Testani-type production. Our only other returning position players as of right now are Lamberti and Garabedian. Also wondering if Malandro will get any opportunities as a true freshman bat off the bench, although that seems unlikely.

I think Lamberti left UConn. His twitter account says something about Southern Connecticut baseball.

I'm thinking the middle of the infield will be Daniello and Hill, but not sure who gets which position. Daniello has had back issues that have limited his playing time. If another infielder emerges in the fall, it wouldn't surprise me if Daniello ends up in the outfield.

Corner outfield positions are the tough spot to predict, as none of the returning roster candidates got much in season playing time. Garrabedian has been hitting under .200 in summer ball. One corner outfielder might be Olmstead if he builds off the power display he has shown in summer ball in Utica. His biggest problem in the past has been striking out too much, followed by he hardly draw any walks. As for Stefanski, who knows? Penders talked him up in interviews, but by the time Penders thought about giving Stefanski any real at bats it was getting late in the season and the games too important to be giving unproven players a shot. We'll see what happens this fall season with Stefanski. Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me to see a newcomer to the team in at least one of the corner spots.

Reaction Score
I think Lamberti left UConn. His twitter account says something about Southern Connecticut baseball.
I had recently heard that too and forgot about it... he redshirted last year and transferring to SCSU. Playing up in Torrington in FCBL

Reaction Score

DeRoche-Duffin hasn't seen much pitching action with the Rochester Honkers this summer. He pitched in two early June games, and acquired a 4.50 ERA. I think 4 innings, 5 walks. I guess the Honkers decided they liked his bat more than his arm.

Reaction Score
Yikes. Leaned on many of the starters last year since there could be three kids who see significant time who barely saw any action last year. That and 2/3 of the weekend rotation needs to be replaced. There is some definite talent returning but man is that team really green in some key spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom