Banshee | The Boneyard

Banshee

Reaction Score
On Cinemax? A buddy told me to try it out said it's not great but entertaining.

Well that's about right. T & A, blood, gory stuff and a split that would make the Sons of Anarchy proud. You can't believe everything that happens in this quaint little town in PA but man it's an exciting place with a lot of pretty hot women. Try it you may like it. Just finished season 1 - kept me entertained.

Reaction Score
The show is awesome and crazy and I like it SOOOOOOO much more than I like SOA.

I had never recommended it to my friends cause it is so out there but some watched it after hearing me say enough great things about it and they seem to love it.

Reaction Score
The show is awesome and crazy and I like it SOOOOOOO much more than I like SOA.

I had never recommended it to my friends cause it is so out there but some watched it after hearing me say enough great things about it and they seem to love it.

Ok I'm though season 3. Ok it's whacked in the "Charming" town way but the action is great. The story is crazy I admit but the entertainment is really good. All in all fun to watch and would recommend unless you need more than action and better than pretty good acting. Kai and Job characters are really good.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Haven't read all the comments but I'm over half way through season 1 and if you can get past the obvious flaws, it's entertaining. Kind of a mix of GOT, True Blood and The Wire rolled into one weird ass plot.

Reaction Score
Haven't read all the comments but I'm over half way through season 1 and if you can get past the obvious flaws, it's entertaining. Kind of a mix of GOT, True Blood and The Wire rolled into one weird ass plot.

One flaw I can't get past is the fact I think of hot amish women now because of his niece. :oops:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
One flaw I can't get past is the fact I think of hot amish women now because of his niece. :oops:
The niece is a remarkable piece of work - nothing flawed about that.

This show has the most amazing ways to kill people. I'm just watching the fight on the freeway scene with Quentin and had to pause and post.

Reaction Score
Totally ridiculous premise - but love the action. Love the Chayton death scene. Classic.

Couple of great clips to watch - to show you what the show it like:

Season 1:

Season 3:

Watch those clips and tell me you don't want to watch the show...

Reaction Score
The niece is a remarkable piece of work - nothing flawed about that.

This show has the most amazing ways to kill people. I'm just watching the fight on the freeway scene with Quentin and had to pause and post.

The niece is dead. Not a great way to open season 4. She was awesome.

Reaction Score
New season started already? And the hot niece is cooked (spoiler lol)?

Friday night was first ep. Not much of a spoiler since they reveal it in the first 5 minutes.

Reaction Score
Friday night was first ep. Not much of a spoiler since they reveal it in the first 5 minutes.

Thanks I need to check it out. Hope she was naked at least when they killed her? ;)

Reaction Score
Thanks I need to check it out. Hope she was naked at least when they killed her? ;)

They do a lot of flashbacks so you will get to see her live, but yes she is naked in death, but you don't want to see anyone naked that way :(

Reaction Score
They do a lot of flashbacks so you will get to see her live, but yes she is naked in death, but you don't want to see anyone naked that way :(

Well, maybe her..:oops:

No you're right Money

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I was kinda pissed because I just clicked on the alert not realizing it had started and couldn't believe you told me. Fortunately it wasn't some ending fight scene where she died unexpectedly so you are off the hook.

Pretty interesting episode. I expected the entire season to be about the rescue of Job and didn't expect the huge fast forward. They have a ton to work with for what will only be an 8 episode final season.

Reaction Score
Well too bad Rebecca's gone she was fun to look at. But there's a couple new faces which could be interesting and the Sheriff has changed dramatically so I'm guessing things get back to normal in episode 2 looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
I was kinda pissed because I just clicked on the alert not realizing it had started and couldn't believe you told me. Fortunately it wasn't some ending fight scene where she died unexpectedly so you are off the hook.

Pretty interesting episode. I expected the entire season to be about the rescue of Job and didn't expect the huge fast forward. They have a ton to work with for what will only be an 8 episode final season.

I wouldn't have spoiled it had it been a plot twist.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
One episode left and nobody is talking about this? My take, with the new characters and stuff going on, they could have and should have made this 12 episodes. Episode 7 cleaned up about 70% of the story lines in about 15 minutes. Great episode but a little more suspense, story, scenes would have been appreciated.

Reaction Score
I talk about it all the time - just not here. One of my all-time favorite shows. Will sorely miss it when it is gone. I like that this season is a little more grounded in reality.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
One episode left and nobody is talking about this? My take, with the new characters and stuff going on, they could have and should have made this 12 episodes. Episode 7 cleaned up about 70% of the story lines in about 15 minutes. Great episode but a little more suspense, story, scenes would have been appreciated.

Dang, didn't realize that. I thought it was just a uber action-packed, regular length final season. Bummer.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
And boom - it's over.

Based on how the series went, I was surprised all the 'good' guys lived and all the bad guys died. I really expected someone like the daughter or the brotherhood leader's wife to be offed.

Really cool series - nothing really like it.

Next fixation needed.

Reaction Score
And boom - it's over.

Based on how the series went, I was surprised all the 'good' guys lived and all the bad guys died. I really expected someone like the daughter or the brotherhood leader's wife to be offed.

Really cool series - nothing really like it.

Next fixation needed.

Yeah I'm going to miss this show, very good and as you say, really nothing like it.

Reaction Score
Finally got around to finishing the fourth and final season of Banshee. I really enjoyed this series. As others have said, if you're looking for non-stop action and are willing to suspend disbelief for an hour an episode, then Banshee is the show for you. The show never pretended to be more than it was and it had some of the best action/fight scenes I've seen. The one included earlier in this thread with Burton and Nola was my favorite. That same episode also included a great scene with Lucas in a fight with a gangster in the back of a semi-trailer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom