Bah, Humbug!! | The Boneyard

Bah, Humbug!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - that is when the new conference thing will actually kick in!!!:rolleyes: It takes a few years for that kind of change to filter down to recruiting, I always say. Uconn fanatics will point to the fact they have recruited two incredible classes in a row as an excuse, but we all know better!:cool::eek::rolleyes::)

Reaction Score
I've been very hesitant to post this for fear of the backlash but this thread begs me to post this observation.
For proof how bad the AAC for UCONN, we only need to look at how long it took this year for UCONN to be the only undefeated team. In all the past undefeated seasons, it was achieved far far earlier in the year. The AAC clearly is the reason for the mediocre performance this year. Sure the team might achieve a few more of those earlier "last one standing" seasons but everybody knows the AAC condemns them to never achieving true greatness.

Reaction Score
I've been very hesitant to post this for fear of the backlash but this thread begs me to post this observation.
For proof how bad the AAC for UCONN, we only need to look at how long it took this year for UCONN to be the only undefeated team. In all the past undefeated seasons, it was achieved far far earlier in the year. The AAC clearly is the reason for the mediocre performance this year. Sure the team might achieve a few more of those earlier "last one standing" seasons but everybody knows the AAC condemns them to never achieving true greatness.

I'm assuming you are being sarcastic here, otherwise your post makes no sense. This year UConn overachieved in spite of injuries and achieved true greatness, which will continue regardless of what league they are in. By comparison to when UConn was in the Big East, there are now going to be three fewer challenging games a year and the out of conference schedule will again be at or near the best in the nation. So I will call your last post nonsense or just poorly stated sarcasm.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm assuming you are being sarcastic here, otherwise your post makes no sense. This year UConn overachieved in spite of injuries and achieved true greatness, which will continue regardless of what league they are in. By comparison to when UConn was in the Big East, there are now going to be three fewer challenging games a year and the out of conference schedule will again be at or near the best in the nation. So I will call your last post nonsense or just poorly stated sarcasm.
Yes - but it has been a steady decline since that first 1995 team that was able to achieve greatness in only 35 games! Since then it has taken longer and longer to get to the same result, and this year it actually took 40 games before the team was able to get there. Kudos to this last year's team, but they really really had to persevere - never nice to use the word 'slow' about a child or a team, but I am afraid it is the only description that fits the bill.
Lets hope Geno can reverse this poor trend and get a team with a little bit more drive!!! 40 games, humph! :eek::confused::rolleyes::cool::)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

We could put a taxpayer supported sign up on I84 to combat this.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
the-7-best-captain-picard-memes.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yea prolly only get Cox, Ionescu, Boley, McCoy and one of Dangerfield/Ramirez. ;)

Don't know much about these kids except what I've read about Ramirez. I LOVE that kid's attitude and flair. Would sign up right now. As an added bonus, she'd probably grate on some of the old fuddy duddies' sensibilities on here. I would enjoy that too.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Don't know much about these kids except what I've read about Ramirez. I LOVE that kid's attitude and flair. Would sign up right now. As an added bonus, she'd probably grate on some of the old fuddy duddies' sensibilities on here. I would enjoy that too.

ahem....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
ahem....

You a fuddy duddy Nelson? I wouldn't have thought that.

Being old is fine mind you, it's the fuddy duddy button pushing aspect I take an odd pleasure in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom