Badass Awards vs. ECU Today. | The Boneyard

Badass Awards vs. ECU Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
If, as it now appears, there is no TV of today's AAC gane vs. ECU, that would make it impossible for me to apply the vital eye test to select Badasses. Surely some Boneyarders will be at the game so I much prefer your eyes on the players to my eyes on a stat sheet,

If you go to the game, please post your observations and I will collate. Thanks.:)

Reaction Score
If, as it now appears, there is no TV of today's AAC gane vs. ECU, that would make it impossible for me to apply the vital eye test to select Badasses. Surely some Boneyarders will be at the game so I much prefer your eyes on the players to my eyes on a stat sheet,

If you go to the game, please post your observations and I will collate. Thanks.:)

It's on espn3.

Reaction Score
I hope to be able to watch the game on ESPN3 and will give me 2 cents worth.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So, I'll be the first to make recommendations:
Tuck - she got the team started in the right direction
Lou - She kept em going
Gabby - she did the mop up duty (even with a bunch of turnovers.)

Stewart and Moriah were there standard amazing selves, and I was tempted to put Kia in there with good hard nosed drives and nasty defense, but I like the three I gave.

Reaction Score

Kib, if I can't complain about your choices, I'm boycotting the whole thing.:p

Reaction Score
So, I'll be the first to make recommendations:
Tuck - she got the team started in the right direction
Lou - She kept em going
Gabby - she did the mop up duty (even with a bunch of turnovers.)

Stewart and Moriah were there standard amazing selves, and I was tempted to put Kia in there with good hard nosed drives and nasty defense, but I like the three I gave.

Everyone (key players) who played today looked like their old true selves. Tuck was Tuck, Kia, Kia, and so on. Gabby takes your breath away jumping over everyone and collecting more than her share of points and rebounds (but what was that sleeve on her right knee all about?). Geno orchestrates things so that at this time of year everyone is playing at her best. We are truly blessed to have such quality people to root on.

Reaction Score
I watched on ESPN3.com. I don't know if Gabby rates a Badass Award for this game but she sure did have an interesting stat line:
19 mins
7/9 shooting
9 rebounds
2 assists
4steals
14 points
5 TO
She played hard, was all over the court, and got a little ahead of herself on passes.

Reaction Score
This was a game against so overmatched an opponent that the awards can easily be spread around...
1. Moriah...she gets a post-season "look" about her that is all business and totally badass. Played with the highest level of intensity and skill. The driving dish to Gabby was the highlight of the day.
2. Lou...her self-confidence has fully arrived and she's playing like a UConn post-season starter.
3. Morgan...looked completely like herself for the first time in a long time.
4. Stewie...duh!

Biggest future concern? Hate to say it, but Nat.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Biggest future concern? Hate to say it, but Nat.

I think its a major concern. I think everyone had high hope for Natalie when she xferred. Her early season injury surely didn't help. Its the end of the season now & she still looks like a major project. I expected she would be a terrific asset under the basket. Not so far. Very disappointing & I'm not sure what contribution she will be able to make next year when we really need one.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Chill on Nat - try playing this game with one and a half hands - just doesn't look good. And think of how disappointing Kiah looked her first two years at Uconn. She only really arrived as a senior. Natalie has time and she again had two pretty assists.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Danny K. and Moriah. Watching her off the ball is pure joy.

I was there.

Reaction Score
Chill on Nat - try playing this game with one and a half hands - just doesn't look good. And think of how disappointing Kiah looked her first two years at Uconn. She only really arrived as a senior. Natalie has time and she again had two pretty assists.
Yeah but Natalie is a senior next year. By that point you either can do it or you can't, and with Kiah you got a sense of what she was going to be by her junior year even with the set backs from injuries she was battling (mostly back) in her first couple of years at UConn.

Reaction Score
I think its a major concern. I think everyone had high hope for Natalie when she xferred. Her early season injury surely didn't help. Its the end of the season now & she still looks like a major project. I expected she would be a terrific asset under the basket. Not so far. Very disappointing & I'm not sure what contribution she will be able to make next year when we really need one.

Sad but true. Right now Natalie is playing like the world's shortest 6'5" woman in wcbb.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Natalie is a redshirt (loosely speaking) sophomore. She has 2 years to improve.

She does need to be quicker with her decisions, but I wonder if the thumb surgery still bothers her. She has looked good in some games, not so today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom