Bad/Cheesy actors that carry a good movie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bad/Cheesy actors that carry a good movie

Reaction Score
Fonzie and Shelly Long were perfect for their roles in night shift but there is no movie without Keaton.

Agreed.

That movie helped turn Keaton into a star.

I think Ron Howard directed it. Great director and seems to be great guy.

Reaction Score
Steve Buschemi: Carries Boardwalk Empire, been a subordinate in just about everything else that he's ever done.

Reaction Score
Steve Buschemi: Carries Boardwalk Empire, been a subordinate in just about everything else that he's ever done.

Maybe not often the lead in his movies but he is far from a bad or cheesy actor.

He is excellent.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
G0UCONN said:
Maybe not often the lead in his movies but he is far from a bad or cheesy actor. He is excellent.

Yeah I was going to say, if Steve B is the opposite of a bad actor. Dude is Brilliant.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Steve Buscemi and Nic Cage don't belong.

Cage has been in enough good movies to bounce him out of this sort of thing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think you are describing Sylvester Stallone's entire career but since he somehow carried many 'good' or at least box office successful movies I guess he's disqualified. Really only Rocky I and Rambo I were good movies.

Is Mark Hamill your poster-boy here?

Harrison Ford carried Mark Hamill. Just as Ewan McGreggor carried the loser that played Anakin Skywalker in II and III. Skywalkers can't act it seems (voice acting excepted of course for James Earl Jones).

Reaction Score
Nicolas Cage. I think we can all agree he's seen as mostly a cheesy actor. Valley Girl, Con Air, National Treasure, Ghost Rider, etc. However he did do Leaving Las Vegas for which he won a Golden Globe and an Oscar for Best Actor, and carried a pretty good movie.

Cage is a special case. He's a talented actor. But he's mailed it in on a boatload of crappy movies to pay his bills. DeNiro is somewhat similar. Obviously a brilliant actor who's taken some terrible roles for the money (Grudge Match with Stallone).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Gotta go with William Shatner. He and Montebahn did an overacting tour de force in Star Trek II.

Of course the absolute master is Bruce Cambell ...Evil Dead I and II and Army of Darkness being great examples.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom