B1G want more games in NYC... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

B1G want more games in NYC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The timing is right for UConn. They negotiate the TV deal in 2016 for 2017 start. UConn's exit period from the AAC is 27 months. Say the decision to add UConn or not is made year-end 2016 as part of the TV negotiations. UConn then gives notice to the AAC and joins 2019 or 2020 at the latest. 5-6 years from now.
Again pj thats exactly along the lines I was thinking!!! I'm believing somethings in the works...i hope not just wishful thinking !?!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
NickyNewark said:
Again pj thats exactly along the lines I was thinking!!! I'm believing somethings in the works...i hope not just wishful thinking !?!

If I'm UConn, I'm giving a rolling notice every 27 months. They're not kicking us out.

Reaction Score
There really is no escaping the cows there. It's not an exaggeration. You'd wake up one August morning with thick, thick, thick air of manure all around. And September when they were in heat? Like a foghorn blaring in your window. Less than a 1/4 mile from campus.
Sounds like my zip code. They don't call it Smellington for nothing. Still have one of the larger dairy farms in the state and when it is fertizing time for the silage corn fields, it is a smell to behold. The farm behind me raises organic beef and when they take the little veals away from the mama cows, the mamas cry non-stop for almost 48 hours. I feel bad, but the veal is still very tasty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can someone add "B1G" and "NYC" to the profanity filter? This topic is just so tired. I get that everyone wants to join that conference but how do people continue to talk about it this much?? The B1G can control NYC without us no problem. This is neither good nor bad for us. This has absolutely nothing to do with us.

Reaction Score
It is always wishful thinking until something happens. No one who would know what is happening would dare utter a word.

The P5 need to finish the consolidation/autonomy power play. They then need to get thru the first few years of the new playoff system and be ready to react when TV tells them to expand it to 8 teams for another huge payday. At that point, they go to the next most logical value add teams for FB. Every conference adds 2 with maybe a few slide arounds from P5 to P5. Keeps all of the big playoff TV money in the five families.

The question is who is Tartaglia, who is Barzini and who is Corleone? I think Delaney is Barzini because he never wanted to expand and only did it to survive. And who decides the appropriate time to settle all of the family's business at one time? And yes, I do think that the P5 are behaving like organized crime.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can someone add "B1G" and "NYC" to the profanity filter? This topic is just so tired. I get that everyone wants to join that conference but how do people continue to talk about it this much?? The B1G can control NYC without us no problem. This is neither good nor bad for us. This has absolutely nothing to do with us.
Really do think reading 1000 posts with B*1*G and N*Y*C is going to be better?

Reaction Score
It is always wishful thinking until something happens. No one who would know what is happening would dare utter a word.

The P5 need to finish the consolidation/autonomy power play. They then need to get thru the first few years of the new playoff system and be ready to react when TV tells them to expand it to 8 teams for another huge payday. At that point, they go to the next most logical value add teams for FB. Every conference adds 2 with maybe a few slide arounds from P5 to P5. Keeps all of the big playoff TV money in the five families.

The question is who is Tartaglia, who is Barzini and who is Corleone? I think Delaney is Barzini because he never wanted to expand and only did it to survive. And who decides the appropriate time to settle all of the family's business at one time? And yes, I do think that the P5 are behaving like organized crime.
I love the way you laid that out.I agree with the gist of the post. I think in the end 75/80 schools/teams are in the P5 covering every major section or region and we have a playoff of the 5 conference champs and 3 wildcards and the rest go into the holiday bowl games that are eligible.

Reaction Score
Sounds like my zip code. They don't call it Smellington for nothing. Still have one of the larger dairy farms in the state and when it is fertizing time for the silage corn fields, it is a smell to behold. The farm behind me raises organic beef and when they take the little veals away from the mama cows, the mamas cry non-stop for almost 48 hours. I feel bad, but the veal is still very tasty.
I grew up in the heavily Italian North Ward of Newark and the Belleville/Nutley area of NJ and to get me off the streets in the summer my dad used to send me to PEI every summer to get back to nature and teach me what hard work was on my uncles farm...milking then by hand,bailing and storing hay and finally potato picking season...but I loved it and learned from it! In the late 50s/early 60s we had outhouses and handpumped water. Ah but thats a whole other story!!lol..

Reaction Score
5298489_700b.jpg
I don't know what this, but I love it. The only thing I think I like more are those little cowboy monkeys riding on sheep. God that's a great sport.

Reaction Score
There really is no escaping the cows there. It's not an exaggeration. You'd wake up one August morning with thick, thick, thick air of manure all around. And September when they were in heat? Like a foghorn blaring in your window. Less than a 1/4 mile from campus.

sounds like or smells like the old Arlington South Campus. Arlington HS

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Delany pretty much shot this down already. B1G wants games on campus, plus the conference schedules are set until 2020 iirc.

Reaction Score

Appreciate "The Godfather" references. Correct name is "Tattaglia" not "Tartaglia" though.

No doubt, Swofford is "Tattaglia" because he too is a pimp.

Reaction Score
Appreciate "The Godfather" references. Correct name is "Tattaglia" not "Tartaglia" though.

No doubt, Swofford is "Tattaglia" because he too is a pimp.
Tattaglia? I also could have sworn it was the more common Tartaglia and Tattaglia was Pacino's mispronounciation? I guess if you google it or have the book but I dont know even 1 Tatt but a few Tartaglia's amongst the Italian-Americans i know.

Reaction Score
Tattaglia? I also could have sworn it was the more common Tartaglia and Tattaglia was Pacino's mispronounciation? I guess if you google it or have the book but I dont know even 1 Tatt but a few Tartaglia's amongst the Italian-Americans i know.

Nicky,
Going to help you out here. The references in my post are just a joke but I take my "Godfather" trivia seriously.
It is definitely Tattaglia (don't pronounce the "g")

Philip, the old man, was killed in bed with one of his hookers when Michael took control. Tessio said that Bruno, the son, got hit at "four o' clock in the morning" after the hospital scene with Michael and Captain McCluskey.

Bruno below during the rub out of Luca Brasi

Philip at the mafia don meeting below

I could give all my picks for who in the CR mess should play who in the "Godfather", but you start. However, while Marinatto looks like Clemenza, I think he is a cinch for Fredo.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I thought is was Puccini all along.

Edit: Barzini, Also, I can see clearly now, Lorraine is gone; Hold me closer Tony Danza; 'Scuse me while I kiss this guy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought is was Puccini all along.

Edit: Barzini, Also, I can see clearly now, Lorraine is gone; Hold me closer Tony Danza; 'Scuse me while I kiss this guy.

Did you see her derriere walking away?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
upstater said:
Did you see her derriere walking away?

No but, there was a bathroom on the right.

Reaction Score
If a UCONN fan can't spring for season tickets and could only afford to go to 1 game in 2014 to support the school, I would say that THIS (Army at Yankee Stadium) is the game that they would need to go to.
This, a thousand times (50,000 times preferably).

Reaction Score
Nicky,
Going to help you out here. The references in my post are just a joke but I take my "Godfather" trivia seriously.
It is definitely Tattaglia (don't pronounce the "g")

Philip, the old man, was killed in bed with one of his hookers when Michael took control. Tessio said that Bruno, the son, got hit at "four o' clock in the morning" after the hospital scene with Michael and Captain McCluskey.

Bruno below during the rub out of Luca Brasi

Philip at the mafia don meeting below

I could give all my picks for who in the CR mess should play who in the "Godfather", but you start. However, while Marinatto looks like Clemenza, I think he is a cinch for Fredo.
FWIW,I was born("51") in the heavily Italian(at the time) North Ward of Newark and raised in what is considered the heart of Soprano land, Belleville+Nutley N.J. Though myself I am Scottish(Kearny) on dads side and Irish on mom's but grew up feeling a kinship and appreciation of Italian americans that i carry even today.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
If it's one thing the B1G understands it is the value of home games. Both in terms of cash in the bank and intrinsic value to the "university" ethos.

They also understand that their alumni/fans will travel to places as far flung as East Hartford, CT to see their team play.

The only reason to move a game to a neutral site is seating capacity. If PSU or OSU vs. RU or MD has demand for 75k tickets, then they will consider moving a game to Met life or FedEx field. But that's not happening yet. The idea of any other B1G conference games in NY or DC is just incorrect analysis.

Same for 10 game conference schedules. These teams want 8 home games and settle for 7. No chance they go to 6 for either scenario.

If you want your teams playing in the northeast more often there is an very easy way to do it.

Reaction Score
how the wheels have turned. Remember when Hathaway and Edsall wanted to play home games against ND at the Rent and not at Metlife Stadium or Fenway?? Thus, the 4 game series was cancelled, but no it wasn't ND who cancelled. Yup-it was uconn led by Hathaway!!! Now were playing umass at fox borough

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/230769-uconn-likely-to-opt-out-of-football-series-with-notre-dame

Is this sarcasm?

Hathaway and Edsall were willing to play them virtually anywhere. Many fans (not this one) got up in arms, (EDITED) and the state legislature took a break from running this state into the ground and got involved trying to score political points.

Hathaway was a nightmare, but this was deal was ruined by everyone OUTSIDE the athletic department, not anyone in it.

EDIT: I was wrong about Jacobs. He didn't have a problem with some neutral games, he was opposed to not having a single game at the Rent. Most all of us agreed with that at the time, IIRC. My mistake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99