Awesome Moment at the end of Texas/OU | The Boneyard

Awesome Moment at the end of Texas/OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Won me some money so kudos to him and the team.

Reaction Score
I normally root against Texas but was pulling hard for them this week. Nice win.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
My brother (UConn season ticket holder) was at the game today. His impression: unlike Northeastern fans who have divided loyalties (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA), Texas & OU fans are all-in for their schools. Pro sports to them is a mild diversion.

Reaction Score
My brother (UConn season ticket holder) was at the game today. His impression: unlike Northeastern fans who have divided loyalties (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA), Texas & OU fans are all-in for their schools. Pro sports to them is a mild diversion.
Well yeah, pro sports down there amounts to the Dallas Cowboys and a bunch of nobodies. When you have legendary franchises nearby like the Yankees, Red Sox, Giants, Bruins, Celtics, Rangers, and so on who run up to four or five generations-deep in families' rooting history, you pay attention. Can't imagine there's too many four-generation family histories with the Dallas Stars or OKC Thunder.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Well yeah, pro sports down there amounts to the Dallas Cowboys and a bunch of nobodies. When you have legendary franchises nearby like the Yankees, Red Sox, Giants, Bruins, Celtics, Rangers, and so on who run up to four or five generations-deep in families' rooting history, you pay attention. Can't imagine there's too many four-generation family histories with the Dallas Stars or OKC Thunder.

Correct. The Cowboys are a bigger deal here than the Giants, Jets, or Patriots are up there. But after that, pro sports doesn't have deep roots:

Rangers - 1972
Mavericks -1980
Stars - 1993

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members