Attended the game last night | The Boneyard

Attended the game last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All I can say is WOW. Both the crowd and team were bottom line pathetic. I believe this is a good loss that the team can build on. They NEVER should have lost but in the long run they will benefit for playing a horrible 2nd half of basketball.

As for the crowd. All games need to be played in Storrs. You would think with the team coming down for the last shot they would be standing and going crazy. I had a lame duck older couple who got up and left during the final time out just to beat the traffic. And all they did in the final minute was to complain to the usher that my wife and I were standing and they couldn't see. Donors Donors Boring Boring. My buddy paid thousands to get these seats and I feel sorry for him in that the fan base around him are lame ducks.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
All I can say is WOW. Both the crowd and team were bottom line pathetic. I believe this is a good loss that the team can build on. They NEVER should have lost but in the long run they will benefit for playing a horrible 2nd half of basketball.

As for the crowd. All games need to be played in Storrs. You would think with the team coming down for the last shot they would be standing and going crazy. I had a lame duck older couple who got up and left during the final time out just to beat the traffic. And all they did in the final minute was to complain to the usher that my wife and I were standing and they couldn't see. Donors Donors Boring Boring. My buddy paid thousands to get these seats and I feel sorry for him in that the fan base around him are lame ducks.

I thought the crowd was pretty good. In the first half when they sensed the team pulling away they got to their feet and really got loud at the right time.

When you go 6 min scoreless from the field, you let all the air out of the building.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I thought the crowd was pretty good. In the first half when they sensed the team pulling away they got to their feet and really got loud at the right time.

When you go 6 min scoreless from the field, you let all the air out of the building.

I'm not sure how many buckets equated to the 13 second half points, but even if it was 6, that's not much to get excited about.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I was there, and I didn't think the crowd was too bad, at least as far as XL crowds go. The crowd also stood for the better part of the final six minutes - unfortunately, the team just didn't have it yesterday.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was there, and I didn't think the crowd was too bad, at least as far as XL crowds go. The crowd also stood for the better part of the final six minutes - unfortunately, the team just didn't have it yesterday.

It was probably 4 minutes or so. I did find it funny that a bunch of people had a 10:30 rule and left then, not a lot but some, why even bother going. Anyways I thought the crowd was fine but there wasn't anything to be excited about in the 2nd half.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Our section, which is mostly us over ripe clearly big buck people with great seats, was on its feet for the last 4-5 minutes. The crowd was not that bad. The performance they were watching was less than inspirational, but it was a very supportive crowd. I think UConn had 3 FT, so there were 10 points scored on hoops and it might have been 2 3s and 2 2s, one being a great put back by DD and the other a very good assist by RB to NG who actually made a tough reverse. The crowd was not an issue last night and was reasonably sizable for a mid-week 9:00 start.

Reaction Score
For XL crowd was ok. I saw two people leave. At least the lower section was pretty full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom