Attendance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My voice is completely gone. But the game definitely didn't sound like anywhere near The 25K.. I thought for a moment that it was near 40K, it was remarkable. Regardless, that was the greatest atmosphere I've seen at the Rent since the Michigan game (Which I missed, but watched on TV). I'm also glad those 50 recruits were there to watch! The players bought in, the staff bought in, this was a team win and I'm glad that even the non-diehard were cheering loud in our section.

Reaction Score
Stomped the begeezzus out of the bleachers. Happy to contribute. ;)

Wasn't the attendance number we were hoping for but the ones that showed were great today. Terrific atmosphere and an epic win.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I won't have a voice for days, maybe a week. Incredibly proud of the fans who showed tonight - we all bled blue and, I think, had a little bit to do with the outcome of the game tonight. What a game. So happy for our guys...especially our Seniors. They FINALLY got to play in a big game at the Rent in their final home game. Great job by all of Husky Nation!

Reaction Score
The crowd was great, really into the game. Once the game was rolling it seemed the sunny side looked pretty full, the shady side not so much. That evened out toward the end, place looked full enough with the crowd really loud especially on defensive 3rd downss. Last few drives everyone were on there feet screaming. It's totally awesome to be high-fiveing every stranger around you as the game is enfolding.

Reaction Score
my wife took this pic, I'm somewhere in the middle of the crowd. Loudest 2nd half crowd in a long time, awesome feeling!
postgame_small.jpg

Reaction Score
Hadn't been to a game in a couple of years and the first few minutes of the game looked like the spring game but it really filled in...now I see why there's a lot of complaints about people coming in late

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Made it despite many obstacles, got my tropical flower wife geared up for the cold, and I can tell you that we were the Mojo tipping point- I'm sure of it. Screamed and stomped like mad, as well as the rest of our section. One of the best sporting events I've ever been to, voice gone. We were proud to be a part of it. Stormed the field, got a high five from Arkeel and nice shot of him with fans.
12243391_857307897717943_7398489741352678583_n.jpg

Reaction Score
For the first time my wife and I bought lower bowl seat backs for this game. The crowd noise sounded pretty darn good on third downs and on all defensive plays in the fourth quarter. I've been to the Rent for sell outs so I was not very impressed with the appearance of the crowd, but we sounded good. Last year I finally got my wife interested in attending games. This was her fifth game. She had shown interest in the bait (live game experience) before but this game really set the hook!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I swore and got yelled at by an elderly lady late in the 4th quarter. I felt like a jerk and apologized to her. . Then I stormed the field.
Must've been a Houston fan. Did you trample her on the way to the field?

Reaction Score
Almost bailed on this game when none of my usual crew wanted to go. Bit the bullet Thursday and checked out discount tix but didn't want to sit up top. Snagged a single seat in 103 and it was rockin for the whole game.
Cheering and stomping every 3rd down D play turned into insane cheering on every D play in the second half.

Great day. Great win.

Reaction Score
The gray lot was fuller than any other game this season, so I had some hope for a fair crowd. The Rent was embarrassingly empty for the Senior Day ceremony and well into the first quarter. It looked too much like this week's UCF game for a little too long. The crowd filled in during Q1. Security at the entrances didn't seem any more intense than previous home games, so that shouldn't have delayed fans.

Reaction Score
uconnkelly said:
The gray lot was fuller than any other game this season, so I had some hope for a fair crowd. The Rent was embarrassingly empty for the Senior Day ceremony and well into the first quarter. It looked too much like this week's UCF game for a little too long. The crowd filled in during Q1. Security at the entrances didn't seem any more intense than previous home games, so that shouldn't have delayed fans.

I walked in from the gray lot just before kickoff as I came from the basketball game on campus. I am usually in my seat 15 minutes prior to the game starting so I was somewhat disappointed at the amount of folks that simply didn't care what time they went in. They were not there for football at all. I love tailgating but I am there for the game. There were hundreds of fans just playing cornhole, hanging around, etc. I don't think that will change and it is too bad for the kids on the field

Reaction Score
I walked in from the gray lot just before kickoff as I came from the basketball game on campus. I am usually in my seat 15 minutes prior to the game starting so I was somewhat disappointed at the amount of folks that simply didn't care what time they went in. They were not there for football at all. I love tailgating but I am there for the game. There were hundreds of fans just playing cornhole, hanging around, etc. I don't think that will change and it is too bad for the kids on the field

The players will remember the end of the game, not the start.

Winning matters.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I get it. However, as I said numerous times, we also need the casual fan. The serious fanbase is not big enough by itself in CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom