Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coaches reviewed other BE teams anonymously;
  1. This is how we are viewed
  2. This should be on the wall in the locker room
Connecticut
Opposing coaches size up the Huskies:
connecticut-huskies.png
"Not surprisingly Paul Pasqualoni’s debut season at Connecticut didn’t live up to Randy Edsall’s final season with the Huskies. Edsall bolted for Maryland after leading UConn to the Big East title and a trip to the Fiesta Bowl. Pasqualoni took over for Edsall and had a fairly uneventful season.
The Huskies weren’t real impressive but weren’t horrible either. They were just – I’m not sure how to say this – but average.
They never played an exciting brand of football under Edsall and that has not changed with a new head coach.
Last year, their offense was very, very pedestrian This year looks to be probably more of the same with six starters back on offense and eight starters back on defense.
Even though Johnny McEntee started every game last season, they used Scott McCummings in their wildcat formation. Neither way was particularly threatening from a defensive standpoint.
They do have a good young runner in Lyle McCombs. He’s going to be a good one. Unfortunately he’s about all they have an offense.
Unless they can get more out of the quarterback position, teams will focus on stopping McCombs.
Last year they only managed five wins and I’d say that sounds about right for this season especially with a non-conference schedule with back-to-back games against ACC teams N.C. State and Maryland."

Reaction Score
and here i was wondering why i haven't bothered to read the Athlon preseason guide in a few years. thanks for reminding me.

personally i don't mind at all that they don't predict us to do well, but the fact that they're expecting more of the same on offense and don't mention the change at QB shows me that they're just lazy in their coverage

pj

Reaction Score
Hopefully it's the opposing coaches that are lazy ... and that laziness continues into their game prep!

Reaction Score
and here i was wondering why i haven't bothered to read the Athlon preseason guide in a few years. thanks for reminding me.

personally i don't mind at all that they don't predict us to do well, but the fact that they're expecting more of the same on offense and don't mention the change at QB shows me that they're just lazy in their coverage

I agree on the coverage, problem with this is that these are comments from BE coaches not Athlon. Like pj said I hope they do take us lightly, nothing like a good punch in the jaw to humble someone!

Reaction Score
There is not a coach in the Big East that does not know about Whitmer. Either they spoke to "intern coaches" or they're making it up.

Reaction Score
Here's what other coaches had to say anonymously about FUCRE.

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/acc-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes

“I respect Randy Edsall a lot — I can’t emphasize that enough — but right now if you look in the dictionary under the word grease fire you see a picture of the Maryland program. The amount of player turnover they’ve had there is astounding. Believe me, I totally understand when a new coach comes on board, there’s going to be some personnel changes, but what has happened at Maryland has resembled a mass exodus. When you lose a quarterback as talented as Danny O’Brien that certainly can’t help morale.

They got that big win over Miami the first week of the season, and then it just went downhill. And when they did play well, they blew big leads against Clemson and NC State. Just a tough season.

Edsall did wonders at UConn — consistently exceeding expectations — but his first season, all the defections and a 2–10 record, was a disaster. I can’t remember a coach who had a more difficult first year. And a lot of it was his fault.

I’m not even sure who is still left on Maryland’s roster, but for Edsall’s sake he cannot repeat last year’s results on or off the field. Not if he wants to stay at his dream job.”

Ouch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle