#AskEmmert on Mike & Mike | The Boneyard

#AskEmmert on Mike & Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Said it before but perception becomes reality. And I live in Raleigh and communicate with ACC fans every single day. The perception is that UConn basketball players can't read and that this team has a grad rate of 8%. No one anywhere has any idea the numbers are ridiculously old or that the only reason UConn is that low is precisely because they DID NOT game the system.

It's he biggest reason so many down here are passionately anti-UConn to the ACC..

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It's he biggest reason so many down here [say outloud] they are passionately anti-UConn to the ACC..[when in reality they are scared we'll steal their thunder]

Fixed! Haters gon Hate

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Said it before but perception becomes reality. And I live in Raleigh and communicate with ACC fans every single day. The perception is that UConn basketball players can't read and that this team has a grad rate of 8%. No one anywhere has any idea the numbers are ridiculously old or that the only reason UConn is that low is precisely because they DID NOT game the system.

It's he biggest reason so many down here are passionately anti-UConn to the ACC..
Sad but true. SH's letter to the Boston Globe was excellent and needed... But holy crap does it piss me off that this stupid perception persists. They need to keep fighting it.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
And the best part is she's a pen state alum and fan... Even if grad rate was that poor, at least no ones molesting children...

Reaction Score
i have no idea why this one is so funny but it is.

Attachments

• emmert.gif
    emmert.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 118
C

Chief00

Emmett said that the historic (translated not his fault) NCAA food rules were stupid. He then said changes have been in the pipeline for 2 years. My question is if the rules were so stupid why did it take you 2 years to change them? And do you really expect us to believe the timing of the change had nothing to do with Bazz's comments?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Emmert is getting destroyed by every news outlet for today's performance. ESPN's main page, USA Today, Yahoo!. All of them.

I was listening to the Dan Labartard show in the way home from work on XM and Bomani Jones was a guest host and used 2 1/2 segments ripping Emmert and his hypocrisy and lack of accomplishments.

It's clear that there is a large swath of disrespect and contempt for Emmert throughout the sports media.

Jones best comment was (paraphrasing) that Emmert is the CEO or leader in an organization that every time he speaks he makes things worse.

Reaction Score
This was eerily similar to the twitter Q & A with the JP Morgan CEO post crash. Both were high comedy. I often wonder if these guys actually think the love in and circle jerk with Emmett is what fans really want or is it just easier, because it won't ever be uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom