#AskAresco | The Boneyard

#AskAresco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I kind of feel bad for the guy since the hashtag is getting way out of control but he makes way to much money to feel bad for anyone. The thread for any of you on twitter is pretty damn hilarious. Intended as a official spot to ask the commish any questions to be answered tomorrow at noon.

#AskAresco #OccupyESPN #AAC

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I kind of feel bad for the guy since the hashtag is getting way out of control but he makes way to much money to feel bad for anyone. The thread for any of you on twitter is pretty damn hilarious. Intended as a official spot to ask the commish any questions to be answered tomorrow at noon.

#AskAresco #OccupyESPN #AAC

Its great

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Like someone said. Is it embarrassing this is the most interest you've had.

Reaction Score
You talking to me whaler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Can't feel sorry at all for Aresco - he has underachieved and has been overpaid. He has reprised the role of the "Black Knight" in Monty Python with his lame promotion of the horrid AAC.
No bowl games? "A mere flesh wound." A TV contract with a per team payout that doesn't even cover Geno's pay? "Another mere flesh wound."

Please detail anything positive that he has done from UConn's perspective.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Please detail anything positive that he has done from UConn's perspective.

Well, in all fairness, he is not an advocate for UConn. He is an advocate for the conference as a whole, which by most accounts is C-USA plus UConn on suspension.

He should have used UConn as the crowning institution, but all this went down 1) Coming off 2 5-7 football seasons and a banished basketball team. Except for a few pockets around the country, WBB doesn't put butts on couches, and College Soccer isn't even considered filler for most schools.

Reaction Score
Well, in all fairness, he is not an advocate for UConn. He is an advocate for the conference as a whole, which by most accounts is C-USA plus UConn on suspension.

He should have used UConn as the crowning institution, but all this went down 1) Coming off 2 5-7 football seasons and a banished basketball team. Except for a few pockets around the country, WBB doesn't put butts on couches, and College Soccer isn't even considered filler for most schools.

Reaction Score
Some good points - but we have to look at this mess from UConn's perspective and he has been a failure in that regard.

Since he came aboard, ND left, Rutgers left and Louisville left, the BB schools left (and took the name). He negotiated a terrible TV contract after turning down a much better one in October. In addition, we lost our bowl games and got demoted in the playoff system. Added insult to injury by keeping the HQ in Providence. Did anything go right? If so, please illuminate for me.

Reaction Score
Some good points - but we have to look at this mess from UConn's perspective and he has been a failure in that regard.

Since he came aboard, ND left, Rutgers left and Louisville left, the BB schools left (and took the name). He negotiated a terrible TV contract after turning down a much better one in October. In addition, we lost our bowl games and got demoted in the playoff system. Added insult to injury by keeping the HQ in Providence. Did anything go right? If so, please illuminate for me.

And he could have done ... what?>?>?>?

He BECAME the little Dutch boy with his thumb in the dyke. The ONLY thing that disturbed me this morning is the Duffy line that he did NOT know that the Catholic 7 had a Mutual "DISINTEGRATION" Clause. I think we could have done a little due diligence.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would LOVE to know if there were any potential poison pills drafted in the original AAC/NBC Network contract to prevent ESPiN from matching it. You see these types of poison pills all of the time in salary cap leagues that I wonder if anyone thought of throwing one or two in the new contract. Everyone with a head on their shoulders and the ability to think had to know that ESPiN was going to match whatever lowball TV contract that was offered to Aresco and kill the league to promote their Power-5 conference deals. The pennies that Aresco agreed to with NBC (a younger, growing network) is nothing for ESPiN (more established and better financially connected with Disney/ABC) to match and write off as a business expense to grow their ACC and other contracts. AAC games will never see the light of anything other than ESPN3 or ESPNGRAVEYARDSHIFT in an attempt to sweep it under the rug, minimize interest and following, and attempt to shift more casual fans to their Power 5 conference viewing. Their removal of the AAC blog yesterday is just another calculated move by our "friends" in Bristol to banish the AAC (and because of this, UCONN).

So, to sum, I'd love to know if this was ever considered by the Aresco camp and if any steps were taken to prevent the inevitable lack of exposure that ESPiN3 will provide for this conference across the country.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You talking to me whaler?

Why you wanna drop the gloves? :)

No that was a tweet someone tagged for Aresco.

Reaction Score
Haha no. It was more like whaaaaaat? I care i really really really caaaarrrreee!
Probably missed it due to someone I ignored.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Off to an inauspicious start:

In talks with senior ESPN management to get blog back. In talks with Military Bowl for conference affiliation.

C'mon, Mr. Aresco, Impress me. Don't mistake activity for achievement!!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Next two questions are soft tosses and for the record, the American is a terrible name. AAC it is from this ticket purchasing fan.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Liberty Bowl and AAC? More discussion.

Doesn't seem to prepared. Mr. Aresco is slowly losing the benefit of the doubt.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Tulane has tremendous potential in wake of Katrina. By the time the first game of the 2013 season kicks off, Hurricane Katrina will have occurred 8 years ago. LSU has been to 2 NC games since then.

Husky25

Reaction Score
They gave 24 hours notice to build up a cache of questions and Mr. Aresco only answered for 35 minutes? They picked the creamiest, puffiest ones too. I can't wait for August. All this front office BS is hurting my head. I need to be entertained with some actual football.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The ONLY thing that disturbed me this morning is the Duffy line that he did NOT know that the Catholic 7 had a Mutual "DISINTEGRATION" Clause. I think we could have done a little due diligence.

That part terrifies me. How did he not know? Was he deceived or is he incredibly naive?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Tulane has tremendous potential in wake of Katrina. By the time the first game of the 2013 season kicks off, Hurricane Katrina will have occurred 8 years ago. LSU has been to 2 NC games since then.

This was the answer that truly confused me. What does post-Katrina have to do with lifting up Tulane? And as you said, that was eight years ago. If they were going somewhere, wouldn't they have gotten there already?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Aresco on ECU: "once they put their community together in the wake of the Civil War we expect them to be an academic powerhouse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom