Ashiru | The Boneyard

Ashiru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
UConn officials said that Ashiru left the team after losing interest in playing.

So I should NOT expect him to show up on some other football roster in the next 8 months??
:)

Reaction Score
UConn officials said that Ashiru left the team after losing interest in playing.

So I should NOT expect him to show up on some other football roster in the next 8 months??
:)

LOL. It's easy to lose interest in football when your team is this uncompetitive and you lose your starting spot to boot.

Who knows if he's really lost interest in football and he just wants to graduate and move on, or he's lost interest here and wants to play his last year somewhere else. We'll hear eventually. Good luck to him either way,

Bonehead

Reaction Score
LOL. It's easy to lose interest in football when your team is this uncompetitive and you lose your starting spot to boot.

Who knows if he's really lost interest in football and he just wants to graduate and move on, or he's lost interest here and wants to play his last year somewhere else. We'll hear eventually. Good luck to him either way,

Agreed with everything you said - but curious minds want to know if he lost interest in the sermon which in turn he lost his starting job...time will tell

Reaction Score
The press conference Diaco put on after the Army game was a colossal mess, to use the quote. What came first? Chicken or egg? Who knows what happens internally in a football team, but that press conference was a disaster and when I coach says he'll clean out the lockers if they're not ready to play, then he's got to do it.

I had some detailed conversation on here with some others about qualities that go into leadership, traits - characteristics that are similar among leaders, no matter what the job or discipline or business - after that Army game. Everything about that game was a true exposition of what UCONN football is, and probably the best learning experience Diaco has to look at, for himself, if he's able to actual critically evaluate it within the course of the full season.

The approach that this program has taken specifically on the offensive side of the ball, and the approach taken early on with the entire team, has led to a team that has no consistency, no identity, no starting lineup, no effective internal team leadership, and is now losing upperclassmen players due to disinterest.

Diaco needs to own this, and own up to the mistakes and learn from it. To do it publicly, is not expected, but as I noted after the Army game, if he's not done it, internally with his staff, and already learned from it, then we are in serious doo doo. He made a colossal error in treating an entire football team like a defensive line rotation. It's cost us this season, and upperclassmen players.

He will get better at press conferences, and learning to come up with some kind of filter for what comes out of his mouth, and what his goals are for a press conference, and his choice of words - and the analogy of Bill Belichick's career learning curve in Cleveland, is frightening.

I want Diaco to lead a winnign program, and I want it happen to UCONN, but the guy has some serious learning curve ahead to demonstrate to get there.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My prediction is that he will show up at Boston College next year after he graduates this year from UCONN. There seems to be quite a UCONN to BC pipeline going on these years.

Reaction Score
It just seems very weird for a guy to quit this late in the season when he was contributing just a few days ago. Not a good sign at all.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
It just seems very weird for a guy to quit this late in the season when he was contributing just a few days ago. Not a good sign at all.

Extremely 'kooky' - 2 and half weeks were left in the FB season - couldnt hang on that long?
Me thinks more to the story but the Communistic State of Storrs will only speak in coach tongue.

I wont guess what we really happened on this forum - we are all smart enough to put 2 and 2 together - and get 5.

Reaction Score
My prediction is that he will show up at Boston College next year after he graduates this year from UCONN. There seems to be quite a UCONN to BC pipeline going on these years.

Honestly, if he ends up at BC, this entire university athletic department needs a major overhaul as to our football priorities are and there needs to be some serious questions asked about what we are doing. I don't mean this in any way because I don't like the Thunder Turkeys. There are serious questions that need to be asked anyway involving the Thunder Turkeys.

We lost a player at this program, who was told he should never play a game again due to health concerns, and has played all season at BC. This is something I've been meaning to eventually write about once the season is over, and we're essentially there.

How the hell does that happen? I'm not questioning the merit of the explanation, we might have a very good explanation, but I can't comment on that - because I have no idea what the explanation is. Our crack press team at work.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
We have REAL Doctors is all I can come up with!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Eh fourth year junior. If you know you are pulling the plug why wait?

Reaction Score
To show your next team/coach you are committed.
Winners dont quit and quitters dont win.

Ya - a lot of people around here probably don't realize the depth of what that simple statement might hold that came from some sort of UCONN official apparently. If it is accurate, Ashiru better be done with football personally, because whoever made that public statement about him, essentially made him radioactive and shafted him when it comes to finding other opportunities to play. There is no link you put up - what's the source?

Reaction Score
It is possible to lose interest playing at the level required. I would fully expect him to surface at another program - lower level. Sometimes 2+2 = 4.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
It is possible to lose interest playing at the level required. I would fully expect him to surface at another program - lower level. Sometimes 2+2 = 4.

time will tell - if he REALLY lost interest I dont expect him on any football field next year.
If he hasnt lost interest and wants to play immediately he will go down a level - doesnt equate to losing interest playing at the level required - which means he lost interest playing here - we will never know why, no one will ever ask.
He is a JR so ending up on a DI squad is probably not going to happen since he will need to sit a year.

Reaction Score

Thanks.

Unnamed UCONN officials, quoted by the Hartford Courant, just made Ashiru radioactive to anyone in division 1 considering offering a scholarship. I hope that he really doesn't want to play football again, and if he does end up at BC or any other division 1 program after leaving the program like this?

""And sign said, long haired freaky people need not apply.......Signs, signs everywhere signs, f---king up the scenery, breaking my mind. """

Reaction Score

2 players. 1 year. 1 of whom returned to where he started and 1 who put his life on the line for another shot at playing CFB. BTW, neither starts. Not quite the Keystone pipeline.

Reaction Score
Is it possible he simply lost interest after listening to the post game press conferences?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Is it possible he simply lost interest after listening to the post game press conferences?
YES! Any and all possibilities exist until someone talks to the kid - and even then he may say something that isnt necessarily true to protect his future moving forward.

Reaction Score
We had a kid playing TE this spring who went D3; we've had guys who could not give up on the pipe. At some point, every kid has to say i want this more than almost anything. There is nothing wrong with saying I don't want this. My goodness, this was a kid recruited out of GA by Edsall. I'm surprised more haven't left over the chaos that has become UConn FB. Perhaps he wants to rethink his life somewhere else - probably the first time a 20 y.o. has done that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
To show your next team/coach you are committed.
Winners dont quit and quitters dont win.

Shocking that Spackler would like a post that is filled with a meaningless platitude.

Do you guys sit in rooms surrounded by posters of cats barely hanging onto trees while posting?

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Honestly, if he ends up at BC, this entire university athletic department needs a major overhaul as to our football priorities are and there needs to be some serious questions asked about what we are doing. I don't mean this in any way because I don't like the Thunder Turkeys. There are serious questions that need to be asked anyway involving the Thunder Turkeys.

We lost a player at this program, who was told he should never play a game again due to health concerns, and has played all season at BC. This is something I've been meaning to eventually write about once the season is over, and we're essentially there.

How the hell does that happen? I'm not questioning the merit of the explanation, we might have a very good explanation, but I can't comment on that - because I have no idea what the explanation is. Our crack press team at work.

He has barely played for BC this year, and lately only becasue their entire secondary was hurt. Philips has played more, but still not a lot.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
We had a kid playing TE this spring who went D3; we've had guys who could not give up on the pipe. At some point, every kid has to say i want this more than almost anything. There is nothing wrong with saying I don't want this. My goodness, this was a kid recruited out of GA by Edsall. I'm surprised more haven't left over the chaos that has become UConn FB. Perhaps he wants to rethink his life somewhere else - probably the first time a 20 y.o. has done that.

He didnt say he didnt want this - an unamed source said that. Lets hear from the kid, no? Or you want to view it through blue shaded Bob Diaco glasses?

Its more timing than anything - he could have left in the spring since he was a kid recurited out of GA by Edsall. If he did leave due to chaos that has become UConn FB thats different than I lost interest.

It could be the truth and there could be something else.

Reaction Score
YES! Any and all possibilities exist until someone talks to the kid - and even then he may say something that isnt necessarily true to protect his future moving forward.

You are absolutely correct on this point. In retrospect, my post was pretty stupid (an all too common theme) as speculation on a young man's decision is unwarranted. For whatever his reasons are, the best of luck to the young man.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
[
Shocking that Spackler would like a post that is filled with a meaningless platitude.

Do you guys sit in rooms surrounded by posters of cats barely hanging onto trees while posting?

You outed me...

hanging.jpg

Attachments

• hanging.jpg
    hanging.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors