ASGR Top 250 Rankings for 2015 | The Boneyard

ASGR Top 250 Rankings for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They took a stab at ranking international players including Ms. Salvadores at #22

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not sure how Baylor can be ranked 8th considering the highest rated player is #60, followed by 99 and 121. I guess the transfer of Jones is considered extremely impactful.

I do think that Baylor will land a big for 2015, considering there are a lot of minues to be had at that position. If a good center wants to step in and immediately have a chance at big minutes, Baylor would be a good choice.

Interesting to see McCowan rated #16 by ASGR and Hoopgurlz has her at #58.

And let me say, Jordan Hosey is rated WAY too low at #20 by ASGR...she is a tremendous player with size and quickness and has a full offensive aresnal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bret McCormick & ASGR seems to really like UConn recruits. They seem to have the highest ratings of our recruits.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Bret McCormick & ASGR seems to really like UConn recruits. They seem to have the highest ratings of our recruits.

The moment a player commits to UCONN her rating goes up. Chong was rated much higher than she should have been and if she had committed to Middle Tennessee State her rating would have been much lower.

Reaction Score
We should reserve judgment on Chong until her senior year. I still have high hopes that she will end up like Moriah: very highly rated HS senior year; inconsistent, flashes of brilliance as a freshman; and star in the making her sophomore year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chong was being recruited by Ohio State, Maryland, Louisville, and North Carolina in addition to UConn. Not exactly the types of programs that go after low ranked players. I'm not convinced her rankings were inflated. Her mean ranking was about 40.

U

UCONNfan1

The moment a player commits to UCONN her rating goes up. Chong was rated much higher than she should have been and if she had committed to Middle Tennessee State her rating would have been much lower.
Not sure what her rating ended up on ASGR but on HG she was somewhere around 75. I think it's far too early to tell, but if she was in the 20-25 range for ASGR, I think that's actually fairly accurate. Anyway, I don't know that she was rated "much higher than she should have been" by anyone. Maybe if she were top 10, but I don't recall her being that high...

Reaction Score
I've seen that with a few kids who decide to go to the elite teams. It makes no sense but the presumption is that the coaching staffs of these teams must know something that the recruiting services didn't. I hope Chong comes out and explodes but I'm not overly confident that she can or will. I'm inclined to think she's the perfect person to support your argument. A good kid and a good player but not nearly what her ratings (after the UConn commitment) would suggest.

Reaction Score
How does Butler get ranked #167 of the transfers, given she was FPOY in the BE?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Not sure about Boykin's ranking (haven't seen enough of her) but it's pretty hard to deny that Collier and KLS are top 3 players. I know Collier isn't top 5 with most ranking services yet, but I think she will be in the final rankings.

Lot of dominoes left to fall in terms of class ranking. Durr at #2 and Ogunbowale at #4. If Notre Dame gets one or both of them, I'd guess they leapfrog Tennessee.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
How does Butler get ranked #167 of the transfers, given she was FPOY in the BE?

That's where McCormick ranked her coming out of HS, not amongst current transfers.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not sure about Boykin's ranking (haven't seen enough of her) but it's pretty hard to deny that Collier and KLS are top 3 players. I know Collier isn't top 5 with most ranking services yet, but I think she will be in the final rankings.

Collier actually is rated that high.

ASGR: 3
BlueStar: 4
ProspectsNation: 5
Hoopgurlz: 5
FullCourt: 6

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Collier actually is rated that high.

ASGR: 3
BlueStar: 4
ProspectsNation: 5
Hoopgurlz: 5
FullCourt: 6

That's what I get for going off memory. She ought to be top-3, imo, so I still think she'll move up even from those lofty heights.

Reaction Score
We should reserve judgment on Chong until her senior year. I still have high hopes that she will end up like Moriah: very highly rated HS senior year; inconsistent, flashes of brilliance as a freshman; and star in the making her sophomore year.

I have high hopes for Chong too- but no way I see her like MoJeff. I see MoJeff among the greatest UCONN pg's ever. Not saying number 1- but among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom