As good as Izzo is, he tends to s*ck early on in the season. | The Boneyard

As good as Izzo is, he tends to s*ck early on in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't mean to devalue UConn's win tonight. It was fricken awesome.

During the week Hooper Scooper and I were talking about this upcoming game and I mentioned to him a few times that if you're going to play MSU, catching them early in the season is a good thing. The tend to start out slow and have a long list of WTF losses over the years.

Now I didn't think UConn was ready for a game like tonight regardless of MSU's history of putting up early stinkers, but low and behold look what happened.

You often hear hoops analysts say, good guard play is what you need to win, and that's what we saw tonight.

Reaction Score
Yea, there is a history of that, but still a great win! In any other season, it'd be a great resume builder, this season it's all about Ollie and building up the team going forward.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
new coach, 4 starters gone, the world dumping on us and you decide those are the words you want to speak

come on man :mad:

joking :)
nothing can bother me tonight

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't mean to devalue UConn's win tonight. It was fricken awesome.

During the week Hooper Scooper and I were talking about this upcoming game and I mentioned to him a few times that if you're going to play MSU, catching them early in the season is a good thing. The tend to start out slow and have a long list of WTF losses over the years.

Hey killjoy, stick it in your hat. What happened the last time an unranked UConn team beat a ranked MSU team in November? HINT: They went on to win the NC.

Reaction Score
Hey killjoy, stick it in your hat. What happened the last time an unranked UConn team beat a ranked MSU team in November? HINT: They went on to win the NC.
Although we can't do that this year don't be the slightest bit disappointed. (Sarcastic) Me and my brother were discussing the same thing about Michigan State. They will get better as the year goes on but they tend to be less than stellar early on in the year. Good observation.

Reaction Score
MSU did erased the 16 points lead, Izzo made the adjustments. It could have been anybody's game. I was at the edge of my seat at the end!!!

Reaction Score
get use to being on the edge of your seat. This team will struggle and fight all year. there seems to be an air of confidence and can-do about these guys. I like the transfer kid too. They could have folded, but I think KO and Bazz kept them well grounded. Boat and bazz work well together. We need boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom