Article & Video: Kentan Facey Makes A Name For Himself | The Boneyard

Article & Video: Kentan Facey Makes A Name For Himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like it said in the article his face up jumper looks nice.

Reaction Score
Listen man, he's frail but I like his skill set and the fact that he's doing it against competition that appears to be bigger than him. Can't wait to watch him develop more at UConn. The foundation seems to be there...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
UConn certainly will be an international team next year. I wonder if the kid bobsleds.

The highlights show him making baskets when he's near the hoop - layups and dunks. Definitely fills a gap which was evident in the NCS game.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Nice soft touch on his jumper, uses the backboard well, quick leaper, runs well. Seems to be willing to get in there and mix it up. Thumbs up!

Reaction Score
Well... I look forward to K Face in huskie blue.

Yes a bit frail for now but I saw a lot of things I liked. For a big guy he runs the floor seemingly well and looks a bit like a guy we just played against(not a comparison but length and the turn around on the baseline reminded me of Leslie).

Nice up and under move on the block and also has a quick first step. For some reason and I could be completely wrong- I think and hope he is one of our diamond in the rough players and, like a j lamb.

Character kids in our 2013 class and Its nice to know that the program has a high character coach and these 2 for his first class.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Was that Stevie Clark (#2) dishing out a lot of those passes?

Facey looks a lot better than ESPN's #100 overall rating.

Reaction Score
Was that Stevie Clark (#2) dishing out a lot of those passes?

Facey looks a lot better than ESPN's #100 overall rating.

Looked like Wes Clark to me... Not for sure though.

Reaction Score
Listen man, he's frail but I like his skill set and the fact that he's doing it against competition that appears to be bigger than him. Can't wait to watch him develop more at UConn. The foundation seems to be there...
He doesn't look as frail as Daniels or Nolan. Eat pasta and hit the weights Kenton, there is room at the 4.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I saw Kentan at the game on Tuesday. I think he's much better than #100. If he was uncommitted and considering Duke his ranking would be a lot higher. Who cares he's #TenToesIn
I thought he was a top 50 recruit. He seems to have the bounce in his game that Nolan shows but the knowledge of the game. He'll probably make a lot of freshman mistakes but we should see an upward trajectory with him and by his junior year, depending on the complementary pieces, he should be a good one.

Reaction Score
He's #100 on ESPN and #65 on rivals. I think he's just outside the top 100 on scout. Regardless of ranking he is a big time recruit and should help improve our atrocious rebounding.

caw

Reaction Score
I wouldn't put too much into one video. Like any freshman he will struggle at times, but he has a ton of potential. That video makes his jump shot look better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom