Article - Kentan Facey Ruled Eligible | The Boneyard

Article - Kentan Facey Ruled Eligible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good news for UConn from the NCAA? I never buy lottery tickets but I'm on my way to the gas station right now.

Reaction Score
He will be Meka-2, and a member of future NC team in one of his years at UConn, just not sure which year!

Mark this down!

Reaction Score
He will be Meka-2, and a member of future NC team in one of his years at UConn, just not sure which year!

Mark this down!

He can't be Meka 2 they don't even play the same position. I am still wondering why so many believe he will take Nolan, TO and Brimah's time at the 5? He's 6'7" and not exactly framed like a guy who can withstand the middle of the lane.....how about if he continues to play the game and learn the game (only 4 years playing) and turns into maybe a Deandre?

Reaction Score
He can't be Meka 2 they don't even play the same position. I am still wondering why so many believe he will take Nolan, TO and Brimah's time at the 5? He's 6'7" and not exactly framed like a guy who can withstand the middle of the lane.....how about if he continues to play the game and learn the game (only 4 years playing) and turns into maybe a Deandre?

What are you talking about? He is 6'9'' and growing, according to many articles I read.
I am not saying that he is now, but the videos I watched about his shot-block and rebounding reminds me of no one other than Meka.

Reaction Score
I remember an article from when Facey originally committed, it was mentioned that UConn believed he could have a similar impact as Emeka when it is all said and done:

While he is very skinny, the UConn program believes that once they get him in the weight room and in college, he could have a similar result to another notable UConn alum, Emeka Okafor.
Facey agrees with the comparisons and says they are drawn from the similarity in, "the way we run the floor, rebound and block shots."

It's an article from TOS, so I can't link to it. You can find it if you Google "Kentan Facey Pledges to Huskies"

Interesting, nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Measured 6'8.5 in shoes with a 7'2 wingspan at the lebron skills academy in 2012.

Reaction Score
Here is the excerpt from Courant article:

Facey, 6 feet 9, grew up on a family farm in Trelawny, Jamaica, and did not begin playing basketball until he was 15. He attended schools in New York for three years, the last two at Long Island Lutheran. Last season, he averaged 4.8 points, 13.0 rebounds, and 4.5 blocks, and was named New York state Gatorade player of the year.

Remember he is only 4 years into playing BB, and given the time and experience, if his offensive skills is growing tantamount to his defense, and we may be vastly under predict his potential (and I am not saying he will be better than Meka).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom