Arkeel and Ron Jon | The Boneyard

Arkeel and Ron Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nice job by the RB's.

No way Arkeel can go 32 carries every week, but he stepped up and delivered big time. First play from scrimmage he goes long. All game long he was getting yards after contact. A refreshing breath of fresh air to see the RB turn a 2-3 yard gain in to a 5-6 yard gain. Thank you S&C coach. Also no fumbles. He kept the ball tight, finished his runs and was strong all game.

Houston had one real good chance to pin UConn deep in its own territory and try to flip momentum. One good RJ carry to the left and that plan was scattered. He also had a few more strong runs up the middle to get 1st downs and extend drives.

Reaction Score
He showed a lot more power than I think we all thought he had. For a guy his size he ran hard last night finished off runs and kept moving the chains. I love how they began the game running it strong up the gut. They pushed Houston back on their heels from the get go and didn't let up. It was nice to see and reminded me of teams from the past.

Reaction Score
Still not sure why people still don't think arkeel can't carry 20 times a game. He can. You don't have to be a 220 pound back to consistently withstand 20 carries a game.

Reaction Score
Our offense did enough to hold on but the stats are padded by 4 Houston turnovers. Defense was the story of the game and a nice trick play to get a needed TD on offense.

I'm in the camp that would rather see Arkeel used a little less as a battering ram giving Max a few inside touches and Arkeel a few more pass receptions. I want him to stay fresh at the end of the season. But we won and it's hard to argue with that.

Edit: Apparently channeling HuskyBlue at the same time above.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Newsome has a very strong build. Certainly 20 or so carries is fine. When Johnson doesn't have to try and beat someone to the corner, he's fine. Outside of one carry when he went wide and went nowhere, all of his carries were in his sweet spot. Meanwhile, best game by the O line in a few years, especially in light of the opposition.

Reaction Score
RonJon looked very good early in the season. Would like to see him get more involved in the offense again (if he's healthy) just to take some of the load of Arkeel.

Reaction Score
Our offense did enough to hold on but the stats are padded by 4 Houston turnovers. Defense was the story of the game and a nice trick play to get a needed TD on offense.

I'm in the camp that would rather see Arkeel used a little less as a battering ram giving Max a few inside touches and Arkeel a few more pass receptions. I want him to stay fresh at the end of the season. But we won and it's hard to argue with that.

Edit: Apparently channeling HuskyBlue at the same time above.

Best all around defensive game in a long time. Run D was excellent. Our backfield options rotating players around Newsome is a handful for defenses to game plan for, and we've constantly added stuff all season. Need to keep him getting touches in various packages run and pass. Hopefully we'll be able to do it without substitution and clock issues forever.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Check out the tiny hole Newsome runs through. (Sorry for the GIF quality)

Arkell

I noticed this particular run on the replay as there was a bigger hole he could have chosen but went into this tiny space and I think it ended up working out better because it wasn't expected.

Re: RonJohn, his first two runs when we were pinned back (the 29 yarder to the left and the 6-7 yarder he busted up the middle) is exactly what I thought he would be this year but he has rarely showed that kind of explosiveness. I really hope he is back and healthy because he is a great complement to Arkeel, especially if he can pass block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom