Ariz State Curtain of Distraction | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ariz State Curtain of Distraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
What if Big Carolina wins friday? Will you still be behind the basket on Sunday ? ;)
I don't believe in losing; I'm 100% committed to winning on Friday evening and losing has not even crossed my mind.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Team Fuddy Duddy. Though it isn't as bad a running onto the court with time left in the game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I sit behind the opponent's second half basket at our men's games, but on the side court for women's games. I have used various contraptions to distract free throw shooters through the years. My current method is the use of Mickey Mouse hands. If you watch the USC/UNC game in Greensboro on Friday and the USC/FSU or ASU game on Sunday, you'll see them since I got seats behind the basket.
Micky Mouse. S. Carolina. Makes sense. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I know I'm showing my age because they used to hold up a poster of Farrah Faucet in my days.
This one?

51mq-GWmwvL._SY300_.jpg

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
I sit behind the opponent's second half basket at our men's games, but on the side court for women's games. I have used various contraptions to distract free throw shooters through the years. My current method is the use of Mickey Mouse hands. If you watch the USC/UNC game in Greensboro on Friday and the USC/FSU or ASU game on Sunday, you'll see them since I got seats behind the basket.

I saw those giant Mickey Mouse hands in Storrs on February 9th... :rolleyes:
Unfortunately the S.C. team was wearing them... 17 turnovers, 40 missed shots from the field and 50% from the free throw line. Those things are hard to play in...;)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Are those your own hands or did you have to purchase a pair?

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
To me, this is a sliding scale type of thing. So long as the antics don't go too far and out of bounds (and that's an "in the eye of the beholder" type thing, I know), I rather like the idea of college kids going a bit crazy. It is one of those nutty things that can make college life special for students.

It certainly is preferable to some of the disgusting name callings players have to endure related to their race, sexual orientation, etc.

I will also acknowledge that if the CoD was causing opposing teams ten or more points a game, I might feel differently. But if it is only two points and is rarely impacting the outcome of games, then I don't think it is such a big deal.

Last, for teams that play at ASU, you know you'll face this. It's up to the coaching staff and players to be prepared so that rather than a Curtain of Distraction, it becomes a Curtain of Amusement.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
To me, this is a sliding scale type of thing. So long as the antics don't go too far and out of bounds (and that's an "in the eye of the beholder" type thing, I know), I rather like the idea of college kids going a bit crazy. It is one of those nutty things that can make college life special for students.

It certainly is preferable to some of the disgusting name callings players have to endure related to their race, sexual orientation, etc.

I will also acknowledge that if the CoD was causing opposing teams ten or more points a game, I might feel differently. But if it is only two points and is rarely impacting the outcome of games, then I don't think it is such a big deal.

Last, for teams that play at ASU, you know you'll face this. It's up to the coaching staff and players to be prepared so that rather than a Curtain of Distraction, it becomes a Curtain of Amusement.

I agree about the hateful language. I've had to call out students on more than one occasion. Not to paint with a broad brush, but 9 times out of 10 the problem is with frat boys.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I saw those giant Mickey Mouse hands in Storrs on February 9th... :rolleyes:
Unfortunately the S.C. team was wearing them... 17 turnovers, 40 missed shots from the field and 50% from the free throw line. Those things are hard to play in...;)
Fair enough. ;)

Don't forget that you guys have to play us in Columbia next year and maybe in the finals this year.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
Fair enough. ;)

Don't forget that you guys have to play us in Columbia next year and maybe in the finals this year.

My niece did her graduate work at South Carolina and is where she met her husband, and is also where their marriage took place. Too bad she couldn't have waited until next year and timed it to coincide with the game.

Of course, that would have taken an incredible amount of foresight - they've been married 15 years!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Fair enough. ;)

Shouldn't be a problem. We're reloading.

Reaction Score
Oh good grief! It's college, and this perfectly fits! Lighten up, people!
As an aside, anyone notice that Rebecca, Kara and Kevin were wearing sneakers beneath the desk- all duded up on top, casual below! Ha!

cabbie191

Reaction Score
As an aside, anyone notice that Rebecca, Kara and Kevin were wearing sneakers beneath the desk- all duded up on top, casual below! Ha!

Yes, I did notice that. I was wondering if they were planning on giving some type of demonstration on a mock-up court.

Reaction Score
Yeah, noticed, and the day before Rebecca tweeted a pic of Kara all duded up on top, getting a makeup job at a break, but you could see the jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom