Arike Ogunbowale set to commit; it's ND | The Boneyard

Arike Ogunbowale set to commit; it's ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope it's anyone but Notre Dame. I initially was thinking, who cares where she goes but realized, not everyone wants to be a Huskie. Some kids may want to be the dragon slayer and bring down the BEAST! That's how Jim Calhoun initially recruited when he came to Storrs. He used to tell kids that they would have the chance to beat the Syracuse's and the Georgetown's, etc.! In any case, getting Crystal Dangerfield makes everything okay! I do still have some issues with MM and though I don't want Notre Dame to suck, I'd prefer that their recruiting success more recently is diminished a bit.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I suspect it will be ND but I still have a had time figuring out how her game translates to the motion offense team ball that ND runs. Some pointed out she'd be behind Caldwell and Canada at UCLA which makes ND even more likely. Not sure about that (I'v heard Caldwell isn't quite as good as some originally thought), but we will see soon enough!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I suspect it will be ND but I still have a had time figuring out how her game translates to the motion offense team ball that ND runs.

They have a motion offense but that didn't stop Diggins from making a lot of 1-on-1 plays. I think Arike-O would probably fit in okay. She may have to sacrifice some scoring but then most elite teams ask that of their better players.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I hope Notre Dame is very strong for several years so that the rivalry builds up and continues to the point where it rivals UConn-Tennessee in the old days. Notre Dame (certainly from an academic standpoint) is a much worthier rival than Tennessee, and their fans are more literate.

Full disclosure: I have two brothers who are ND alumni.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't you love how we learn to hate different teams? :)
Strangely enough I don't hate ND WBB. I save my WBB hatred for TN. However I do hate every other team from there. Especially their football team. I was raised from a small child like that.

So I wouldn't mind seeing Agunbowale pick ND. I want to see some good teams out there that can crush TN.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I hope it's anyone but Notre Dame. I initially was thinking, who cares where she goes but realized, not everyone wants to be a Huskie. Some kids may want to be the dragon slayer and bring down the BEAST! That's how Jim Calhoun initially recruited when he came to Storrs. He used to tell kids that they would have the chance to beat the Syracuse's and the Georgetown's, etc.! In any case, getting Crystal Dangerfield makes everything okay! I do still have some issues with MM and though I don't want Notre Dame to suck, I'd prefer that their recruiting success more recently is diminished a bit.

It wouldn't bother me if the Fighting Selfish sunk deep into oblivion and it has more to do with their whole institutional approach to sports entitlement than it does with McGraw's recent wallows in self-pity.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="

Full disclosure: I have two brothers who are ND alumni.[/QUOTE]

You have my sympathy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Strangely enough I don't hate ND WBB. I save my WBB hatred for TN. However I do hate every other team from there. Especially their football team. I was raised from a small child like that.

So I wouldn't mind seeing Agunbowale pick ND. I want to see some good teams out there that can crush TN.
In this, you and I are of one mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul