Aresco on Sirius XM: "AAC is Power 6" | The Boneyard

Aresco on Sirius XM: "AAC is Power 6"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am inspired by him as well.
Unless Diaco tells me not be inspired by him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I admire his persistence with the P6 message...but he's nuts. I know all of this talk is just negotiating tactic, but it really sounds silly. Anything less than power conference money does an AD like ours no good. At this point, I'd settle for just getting our T3 rights back. Just that alone would bump our revenue stream by 500-1000%.

I enjoyed listening to him dodge the "how do you keep other members from leaving the conference?" question. Had he said "GoR", then I would admittedly prefer signing up for Nelson's wacky Indy plan than sign any sort of GoR in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Big 12 and AAC merge. Create a dual-class system so Big 12 members keep their prized revenue. First conference to 22 members. Problem solved. Floodgates then open. ACC gets shredded by B1G and SEC. MWC and C-USA get sucked into PAC 12, SEC, B1G. P4, 88.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
He is trying to strike while the PR iron is hot. P6 message to anyone listening. It is all about negotiations and if we are to be paid like P5 - (which will never happen), then we need to beat the P5 and ultimately paid like P5

Reaction Score
The media is buying into Aresco's narrative. Very nice.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...nette-heisman-tropy-case-top-midseason-awards

The Lee Greenwood Most 'Merican Americans Award: American Athletic Conference

Everyone who predicted the American would have the same number of teams in the midseason AP Top 25 (Memphis, Houston and Temple, all at 6-0) as the Pac-12 (Utah, Stanford and Cal), please stand up. OK, Commissioner Aresco, we see you, please sit down. God bless.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I do not like the AAC.

That said, I am developing a begrudging admiration for it and its commissioner.

They're gritty.

Reaction Score
I admire his persistence with the P6 message...but he's nuts. I know all of this talk is just negotiating tactic, but it really sounds silly. Anything less than power conference money does an AD like ours no good. At this point, I'd settle for just getting our T3 rights back. Just that alone would bump our revenue stream by 500-1000%.

I enjoyed listening to him dodge the "how do you keep other members from leaving the conference?" question. Had he said "GoR", then I would admittedly prefer signing up for Nelson's wacky Indy plan than sign any sort of GoR in the AAC.
why does it sound silly?...
The AAC is having a great year and has seperated itself as the best conference outside the P5. Ride that for all its worth.
From day 1, Aresco has been consistent in his issue with the current structure not allowing for improved standing.
The more competitive the AAC is with the other P5 schools, the more people can start to question why the AAC doesn't have a seat at the table with the big boys.

Reaction Score
Let's get Army and Air force in this thing and it will be hard to leave us out to the extent any further separation is in the works. I don't like this either but we need a plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom