Aresco on Realignment | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Aresco on Realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'll bet it's the NEC. UConn/CCSU would captivate Connecticut.

Reaction Score
I'm flattered.

Buddy,

Don't waste your time with this . You run the risk of being confused with someone who gives a about what he thinks.

You are better than that!

Reaction Score
Gawd...you left Notre Dame off of your hate list...and FSU, and BC...well, maybe it would be easier to just print those who aren't hated.
Pointing out the double-dealing of folks like Pitt ,is not hate. It's fact, which should never be buried.
Hate is an irrational emotion ,so driven that your own best interests are ignored in the attempt to hurt.
i.e BC bragging about black balling UConn from the ACC .
Swoffod's hypocracy should also be pointed out. Once the champion of a school's free determination to participate against schools of their choice unecumbered ,he beame the architect of the biggest Exit fee plus GOR ,when his house appeared under attack.
Double dealing ,blind hate, and hypocracy should always be brought to light.
The C7 (h7) ,were screwed over by our sainted conference commissioner,
In his quixotic quest to build a P6 conference. However ,their timing was such ,that only a fool would not understand their object was to destroy the remnants of , and make off with its not small spoils. Avarice in Catholic theology is a deadly sin.
When committed by organizations that allegedly represent that institution it is also a cause for scandal.
Notre Dame is who they are , and besides you and people who insult you ,so you might finally get the hint and leave ,no one really cares about FSU.
Maybe that's what bothers you the most.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Buddy,

Don't waste your time with this . You run the risk of being confused with someone who gives a about what he thinks.

You are better than that!
Anyone who posts against UConn is my enemy. A lot of people here think that I am crazy, and yes, I admit that I am usually under the influence when I post in the evening. I love UConn, that's all. I don't understand why he continually posts here other than to be evil and bait. FSU=BC. Never forget.

Reaction Score
Oh good grief....I understand the Hate mantra well. As a fan of WVU as a 2nd school and poster on their board for 13 years (14,000 +posts and counting).I understand...the "hate thing" has been so ingrained on that board that we joke about it and sometimes post hate lists semi tongue in cheek.

The Hate thing is an "us against the world" manifestation.....I don't take much seriously, and especially these broad declarations of hate.

Sure UConn fans feel shafted....and find lightning rods for their feelings. I provide that service for Buddy without near the cost of a therapist.
Thats not therapy your giving...but rather I think it is something you have...I actually believe you are mental...why would you get off making someone else miserable...What is wrong with you??? ...and if you are jesting, and that was a joke...my reply is: show some decorum - what you are doing is Bad Form!

Reaction Score
At this point, I think those West Virginia hillbillies are more reliable for perspective in where we stand than anyone in any administrative position of any type. Those B1G fans who come here certainly aren't trolling us, either. They are speaking words of admiration. This is an attitude that is spreading amongst B1G fans, even Ohio State and Michigan. Speaks volumes.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'm going to say for arguments sake the Big 12 takes Memphis and Cincinnati to get to 12, which schools would the AAC fill them with? Thats one school from the "east" division and one from the "west"

Honestly I think UMass and one other would be solid replacements. Maybe Air Force could eventually entice Army and it would also add another school in the western division. AAC isn't going past 12 so don't even bother with that.

East:

UConn
UMass
Temple
ECU
UCF
USF

West:

Tulane
Tulsa
Houston
SMU
Navy
Air Force

Doesn't look like a bad lineup.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm going to say for arguments sake the Big 12 takes Memphis and Cincinnati to get to 12, which schools would the AAC fill them with? Thats one school from the "east" division and one from the "west"

Honestly I think UMass and one other would be solid replacements. Maybe Air Force could eventually entice Army and it would also add another school in the western division. AAC isn't going past 12 so don't even bother with that.

East:

UConn
UMass
Temple
ECU
UCF
USF

West:

Tulane
Tulsa
Houston
SMU
Navy
Air Force

Doesn't look like a bad lineup.
Drew, you are a nice positive dude and I'd probably like throwing back a beer or two with you. So please don't take this personally.

But f everything about this post and this god forsaken hell hole dumpster fire we are mired in.

Reaction Score
UMass would be like my 7th choice if we needed to replace schools. Marshall, ODU, Louisiana Tech, Western Kentucky, Buffalo all ahead of them. Maybe Northern Illinois, Georgia Southern, and Georgia State, too.

Reaction Score
You're tedious, nothing more. You don't add to the is board, you detract from it. You think far too highly of yourself.
Hey Funster...I put BB on ignore so I'm kinda lost...is he the arrogant negative FSU leech were discussing here? Thanks in advance.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Drew, you are a nice positive dude and I'd probably like throwing back a beer or two with you. So please don't take this personally.

But f everything about this post and this god forsaken hell hole dumpster fire we are mired in.

None taken Mike, I'd take you up on that next time I'm in CT though

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here is a crazy idea. If programs leave maybe don't replace them with bigger crapbag teams to have a championship game that is worthless.
... he said to Bob Bowlsby...

Seriously though... anyone know if the AAC TV deal has a stipulation on # of schools? That alone might guarantee Aresco having to scrape the bottom of the barrel if schools HOPEFULLY UCONN leave.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Seriously though... anyone know if the AAC TV deal has a stipulation on # of schools? That alone might guarantee Aresco having to scrape the bottom of the barrel if schools HOPEFULLY UCONN leave.

Yeah I don't really agree that the Big 12 needs a game as bad as the coaches think they do. To me it's as likely to hurt you as help you but they look at one year and don't see the other possible outcomes.

I also think Memphis would be a hilariously bad choice if they do expand.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I am rooting so hard for Memphis over Cincy. Memphis / BYU to the B12 would be a godsend.

Reaction Score
IMO, this is far bigger than a 13th game or adding another misfit to this conerence. This is about creating change from within the B12. OU nearly jumped to Pac12 a few years back. The BIG and SEC are nice options, but the PAC aligns more with where there fans migrate to, where they recruit from, etc. I think OU has just let us know (again) they are not happy in the B12 and a CCG and/or adding Memphis/UCF/BYU are not going to make them happier. The Texas link may be all that is left for them, but they have seen Texas move on from A&M and they have long since gotten past their Nebraska rivalry. Conference realignment has taught them that they will be fine and they can live without traiditonal rivalries. Tick, tick, ....

Reaction Score

If the B12 does decide to expand they'd be wise to keep their promise and add a eastern and southern school like UConn for NE numbers and wealth ditto USF or UCF to tap Fla ...add in Cinncy for its growth in a large state.Outside those your reaching or watering down.

Reaction Score
I am rooting so hard for Memphis over Cincy. Memphis / BYU to the B12 would be a godsend.
BYU brings a unique set of problems though they have a wealthy following lightly dispersed over the world outside of Utah/Nv. With Texas they would be strange bedfellows.

Reaction Score
Seen some people tossing around idea of OU to B1G, but I think the one thing people aren't considering when talking about OU, is OSU.

Oklahoma and OK State are basically tied to the hip in this dance. During 2010-11 dance with the PAC-12, they were always a package deal in that the state isn't going to allow one program to gain a competitive edge over the other and I don't imagine that anything has changed since then. This basically means that OU to the B1G is a non-starter because there is no way the B1G takes both schools.

The only leverage that the Sooners have is the Pac-12. That being said, the Pac-16 with OU and OSU in the south and BYU and Boise State in the North looks like a pretty darn good conference to me.

Reaction Score
Oh good grief....I understand the Hate mantra well. As a fan of WVU as a 2nd school and poster on their board for 13 years (14,000 +posts and counting).I understand...the "hate thing" has been so ingrained on that board that we joke about it and sometimes post hate lists semi tongue in cheek.

The Hate thing is an "us against the world" manifestation.....I don't take much seriously, and especially these broad declarations of hate.

Sure UConn fans feel shafted....and find lightning rods for their feelings. I provide that service for Buddy without near the cost of a therapist.
So you're a hillbilly, too! Let's hear you jam that banjo.

Reaction Score
IMO, this is far bigger than a 13th game or adding another misfit to this conerence. This is about creating change from within the B12. OU nearly jumped to Pac12 a few years back. The BIG and SEC are nice options, but the PAC aligns more with where there fans migrate to, where they recruit from, etc. I think OU has just let us know (again) they are not happy in the B12 and a CCG and/or adding Memphis/UCF/BYU are not going to make them happier. The Texas link may be all that is left for them, but they have seen Texas move on from A&M and they have long since gotten past their Nebraska rivalry. Conference realignment has taught them that they will be fine and they can live without traiditonal rivalries. Tick, tick, ....
Texas at the Rent doesn't sound too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom